Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-16-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
wow what a terrible turn out. there was 3 mc one x15 x25 and x2, a san 21 that was 2 years old and on dd cc base model. There was alot of i/o and crusers, but no bu,supra, moomba,tige, centurion, etc etc etc save your $
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-16-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
I see you're from PA,I hope you were in town for something and didn't make the trip just to see the boat show.I was out there Thurs. detailing a few boats and I agree it's not worth the $8.00 parking and $12.00 admission.On the plus side the only wakeboard shop in northeast had one of the largest display booths in the show,lookin good Water's Edge congrats,keep up the good vibe.Sad to see that Mastercraft had the only current year wake boats at the show.

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on January 16, 2010)
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-16-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
4 of us actually went out just for the show, over the years, it has been pretty good,, but this wasn't one of those years. pittsburghs is this weekend and i would guess it will be dead. its a shame that the market is hurting, its nice to get out to a show and get revved up for the season, oh well maybe a better show next year
Old    brycejay            01-16-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Mastercraft had the only current year wake boats? That's weird. I always assumed the reason they had these boat shows was to show off the new stuff. I couldn't imagine paying to see a bunch of 2008 or 2009 model boats. Lame.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2010, 4:24 PM Reply   
If you're in the Cincinnati area the show this weekend and next has a bunch of wakeboats. MCx4, Bux8, Nautix3, Tigex2, Supra/Moombax8 (Nauti dealer does Cents but no stock).

Boats of the show IMO were: MC X-25, Nauti 200 skiboat, Nauti 230 Byerly blinged out, the new Bu Towers and special edition Axis 22. Everyone had their LCD screens. The X-25 had the screen hooked to the tower that swiveled and recorded your set. Tige had the touchscreen on a RZ2. There was a big supra showing, but nothing really popped out as new.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
That is weird, most manufacturers frown on showing non-current models.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-16-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
agreed I drove 2 1/2 hours to go to the show.

3 mastercrafts
2 nautis

1 rinker with tower
3 seadoos with tower

what a waste of money. The x25 was pretty neat to see in person.
Water's Edge booth was slammed the whole day, props to them for that!

My son had a good time crawling around the 30+ ftrs though.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-16-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
Last year CC was pushing non currents at the Cleveland show.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-17-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
What a waste, 4 years ago was the last time I went and it was packed with boats, they had every single inboard you could think of. This year was a joke. I drove from Toledo expecting to see some boats, there were some boats but none I was interested in. Oh yea that nautique dealer that wants 75 grand for a 2008 210? Are you kidding me. The thing has blemishes all over it. What a joke. I understand places are hurting, but people usually don't go to boat shows to look at 2008 boats, they want to see what's new, not 2 year old boats. I will say that the x25 was a very clean looking boat. . . but 86 grand for one is a little steep I would say. Sorry for the rant, but this was a waste.
Old     (nschimm)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-17-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
Agreed it was a complete waste of time. I thought is was pretty bad last year compared to the 08 detroit show but this years was terrible. I realize that it cost money to bring boats in for these shows but to bring 2 or 3 boats and one is an old model? Major Disappointment