Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-13-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
anyone have opinions on these titles: good times, transgression, delta sessions II. All the trailers look real good and I would like to get them all but only one for the time being. some things id prefer in movies besides great riding are various locations, no screaming type music(at least very little), at least 30 min long. I have butter effect and bent felix and i really like them. can't wait for drive.

all opinions appreciated. also has anyone ordered from actionsportsdvd.com?
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-13-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
i cant comment on good times or transgression but u wont be disappointed with ds2.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-13-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
They are all good, do the Eni Meeni Mini Mo and see what happens.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
I second the DS2. They visit a few different locations that are beautiful, good music and great riding. No screamo music IMHO. Plus its close to 45 mins, not including the TON of extra's.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-13-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
DS-2 Is excellent, if your looking at Good Times, it's also a nice film featuring mostly Northwest riders but Good Times 2 is better IMO.
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
ds2 is amazazing, it comes with the movie and the soundtrack so you can put it on your itunes or whatever. i listen to the cd daily
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-13-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
DS2 was way too drawn out, especially the intro. The riding was good, but the editing and music was just average. I dunno. Its a decent film, but I think I would bank on Transgression being a more interesting film, if that is what you are looking for.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
i use a site called totalvid.com its like 10 bucks a month but u can watch unlimited full length videos. i have seen ds1 and 2 as well as many others on thier. they have all the instructionals too.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-15-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
I would think transgression is probably going to be your best bet as far as various riding locations. I like ds2 for the simple reason it has great riding and its cool to see spots you ride at in a movie. Rather than just shots of florida.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-15-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
You have to get DS2 just to watch Derek Cook ride.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-15-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Agreed^^^^

he boosts everything and pokes everything out.

DS2 is worth the money. You get a lot of footage. You have the main movie which has tons of riders and then there is the bonus footage with more riding, crashes, Rob Struharik, and Eddie and Jacob Valdez.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
I liked Good Times quite a bit more. DS2 was great and all, but, being shot mostly on the Delta (duh), the scenery got a little redundant. It's a great DVD to watch all the way through once or twice, but it's not one you'll be popping in the player over and over again. Derek Cook has the only section I've seen more than 3 times. Plus, SOB's section in the Good Times is better than it is in DS2. The locations, vibe, music, and riding in the Good Times really defines wakeboarding well.

I just ordered Transgression...hope it's good.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-15-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
I got DS2 and wasn't very impressed. Everyone talked about DS1 and how good it was, and that DS2 was going to be a hundred times better. The only section that I really like was Derek Cook because his style is so unique.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
derek cook threw down in there but how about brady sammons part. He went huge and clean lots of style imo
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-15-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Yep, Brady too.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-15-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Counterfeit this.......it doesn't disappoint!

Can't wait for Transgression and Push Process, should both be good.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-15-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Ya, DS2 is great. My fav for editing and music. Great for norcal folks. Counterfeit This is also up there, the Parks and Murray sections are phenomenal. Of course, I'm completely nuts for wakeboarding so who knows. Saw the Transgression premiere at Worlds and ordered that right away but still waiting for it to arrive. Can't go wrong with any of those. I liked the riding in Bent Felix, but I thought it was rather choppy and didn't flow at all for me.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-15-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
DS2 and Derek Cook's riding rocks. Intro is very cool, not drawn out at all. Very well done.