Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    ScottRobinson            06-13-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
Need to find a board for my 9 year old and my 7 year old. She (9) got up for the first time this trip and is begging for a board before Saturday when we leave for our next boat trip. So....need help guys....

She is 9 and he is 7..... need a board that will fit both of them.....what size and does anyone know of a great deal anywhere? Craigslist or something.....

Also need a pair of LARGE open toe bindings if anyone has anything. We are taking a trip with family and freinds and I only have closed tow size 10s so I need something for them to try boarding with. HELP there would be appreciated.

Last is good rope. Spectra?? Costs?

Sorry just power or WW is so high that I hope someone or multiple people can help on any 1 of these things prior to Saturday. Thanks guys....

Scott
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
Skiers Edge should be able to help with everything you need
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-13-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Skiers Edge should be able to help with everything you need
I have cousins that are also 7 & 9; they share a Ronix Vision

As far as the line goes, they both use the same rope and handle I use. I put them at 65'-70' and they ride at 15-16mph, and as slow as like 10-11mph when they are working on their surface tricks.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
Also need a pair of LARGE open toe bindings if anyone has anything.
Man, I just threw some in the garbage yesterday and the truck already picked up at about 6:15 this morning. They were pretty crappy old Connelly's though that probably weren't even worth shipping.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-13-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
For some reason girls wakeboards go for crazy money. I ended up just buying a new one for my girls - 8 and 6 at the time. Got a girls CWB. Funny thing is the deal I got from Mastercraft Sacto on the board was near what they were going for on CL!
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
Last is good rope. Spectra?? Costs?
Spectra or Dyneema.

I have this one and it's been pretty great especially since it's about the cheapest Spectra rope w/ handle on the market (Regular pricing):
http://www.amazon.com/Airhead-DSD528...7997171&sr=8-3

I really like the handle too. No signs of wear yet and it gives good grip.

It's only 70' with the handle but my boat is a 23' and has a pretty wide wake so that length hasn't been an issue. In fact I spend most of my time at 65'. If you have a really narrow wake you may need another 5' section or two to go with it.

A non-coated Spectra or Dyneema rope like this one won't slide through your hands as nicely when the boat is pulling away from you like a smooth coated rope will. It kind of burns you a bit so you have to manage that friction. They tend to be a bit more durable than a coated rope though and are cheaper.

Last edited by Jeff; 06-13-2011 at 1:33 PM.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
First off, Congratulations! +1 on CWB boards for the ladies. Both my girls have progressed while riding on the CWB Charger (118CM) and CWB Bella (124CM). These boards are the same shape and have an extra fin towards the edge of the board that gives them a litttle more grip without being too sticky. With the center fin removed (Highly recommend), they will be forced learn proper edging to control the board. These boards have what I would call a semi- agressive rocker that will allow your girls progress quickly if they want to push it. Another advantage is when you move up from a118 to a larger board, you get a larger board with the same shape. My oldest daughter learned her first invert on the Bella and swears by CWB products.

The CWB grom bindings have the hinge technology with forward lean that really helped my youngest daughter on her toe side edge. She has always had a hard time toe side until she switched to the CWB bindings on the charger.

I would go with a coated rope. Proline made a very thin handle called the Lotus that is great for kids with small hands. They are not made anymore, but I did find some on the internet recently. My youngest daughter has small hands so I baight two for backup in the future. I you want I can look in my E-mail for the web address.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-14-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info. I am still looking. It is crazy how expensive stuff is and how scarce used stuff is for the kiddo's. I have to do something soon to get it all here by Friday. Ugggg...
Old     (jdoggy_73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2011, 10:45 PM Reply   
Scott,
I've been looking for my lil ones as well and came across these:

http://www.thewakehouse.com/categori...oard-Packages/

and the closeouts:

http://www.thewakehouse.com/categori...oard-packages/

Not a bad way to get new gear and for around 250-300 bucks.

-- Jeff