Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-26-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
i have super glued them in the past, but the rubber inserts are so loose and falling off the inside of the rack (where the board sits)

what kinda glue can i use to fix this once and for all?

i also have a Liquid force surf board where the top is pealing, have re-glued using numerous products multiple times but just wont stay.....
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
Try silicone. Make sure you clean the inside of the rack with IPA first. You may also try a 2 part epoxy.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-26-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Indian Pale Ale?
Old    SamIngram            08-26-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
Isopropyl alcohol!!

I prefer pipe insulation for board rack padding.
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-27-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
i used 3M weather strip adhesive. It also comes in black.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-27-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
^^^ i used that and I also just used super glue
Old     (star_one_wake)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-03-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Gorilla Glue is the S***! Clean out the inside and use that and you should have no problems!
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-03-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
I cant say at how well they hold up but I just used liquid nails on mine. I figured if this doesnt hold up then its off to get some locktite 2 part epoxy.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-03-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
Superglue is a cynoacrylate so it is brittle and not suitable for plastic to metal. Gorilla Glue or some other urethane will work the best. Many contact cements are also good. They can be removed easier than the urethanes. The 3M weatherstripping adhesive should be great.
Like Sam said, the prep is important. Clean old glue, slightly rough the surfaces, use alcohol to remove any oils or residue.