Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-13-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
I currently have an 01 X-Star and I love boats -don't we all- but it just seems like the last few summers here have been way too short and way too windy. In September I got the opportunity to head down to my neighbors private wake park. (The only one currently in Utah). It was amazing. Felt like you could get so much more riding time. So, if you had a Christmas wish for a boat vs a system 2.0 (assuming you had a place to to use it) which would you choose?
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-13-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Boat. It is all about the atmosphere of being on the lake with friends and family. Cable is fun but not the same type of fun.
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-13-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
I would go with the 2.0 since you already have a boat you like. I would go with the boat first if I didn't already have one.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-13-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
BOAT all day! System would be fun but then I can't yell "I'm on a boat mother ...... take a look at me!" I still yet to get to the Rail Ranch but damn it does look fun!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-13-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
The system 2.0 would get stale for me after a while. You can only session the same features so many times without getting bored. Building new features and keeping up with it enough to never get stale would take a lot of money and work.

Let the cable parks deal with getting new features and keeping it fresh.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-13-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
If I had the location to do it right, 2.0 all day. I love riding boat and always will enjoy the atmosphere you get from it with your friends on the lake all day, but having the location for a 2.0 offers a lot of new creativity and progression to my riding. Endless rail designs and gap setups, camping trips for a few days and not worrying about water conditions would be awesome.

Then again I mostly wakeskate so a 2.0 wouldnt get nearly as boring as fast as it could to a wakeboarder.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-13-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
This private wake park in utah... tell me more.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-13-2013, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
This private wake park in utah... tell me more.
It would be hard to find any info on this place since it's private and invite only.
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-13-2013, 1:50 PM Reply   
how exclusive
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-14-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
System if I had the land to put one in. I already have a nice boat so a System 2 would make me a much better rider overall. To what people are saying about the money it takes to make rails and stuff. Only have of that is true. It does take money to start but once you make a few you can add or subtract little things to change it up.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-15-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Boat. Plus I like to surf.