Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
I got this e-mail I didn't snope's it cause I guess it dosen't matter its IMO funny so who cares

Put me in charge ...

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese, and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza ..... get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings .... get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime, and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360 .... get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”;

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago when taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-23-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
I wonder how much longer people are going to stand for the current system. I see complaints about it all the time, but they seem to fall on deaf ears. Those deaf ears seem to be growing and growing, and try to demean those that hear to further their selfdestructive ideal.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-23-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
It wont ever change. It can only be changed by a vote, and the abusers far outnumber those funding it. Try to take away the gravy train and those who risk losing their free ride will have far more incentive to vote than those who merely stand to gain.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-23-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
Dependence creates control. Governments naturally strive for control.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
I think the best thing people can do is VOTE when it count's Yea I know that not to re assuring. But the Fact is when our government pushes things like this and No one say's anything Guess What! Silence is Approval! That's right when you don’t vote or choose not to write your local rep to voice your opinion. Or support people that are pushing reform or the Change you want. When all you do is talk about whets wrong and don't take steps to try and make a wrong a right that’s how the things that are UN balanced and down right UN fair become the Norm.

I have had my dose of Local politics. People want what’s right. They know what’s right but can’t be bothered or they are to busy (IMO to busy is Code for Lazy or don't real care) to get off their a$$ and do something about it. Bottom line is The way things are is because you let them

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’
Edmun Burke

Last edited by grant_west; 12-23-2010 at 1:49 PM.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-23-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
IMO, its more about the achilles heel of democracies in general and not so much the apathy of good men alone.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

Old    SamIngram            12-23-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Just remember that we do not live in a democracy in the USA! We live in a Constitutional Republic...
Old    SamIngram            12-23-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
IMO, its more about the achilles heel of democracies in general and not so much the apathy of good men alone.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

I also wonder what the effect of the founding fathers putting a panic button in our society will be. Before the cycle continues to repeat itself, will it be broken, with the great safe guard that was installed?