Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-10-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Do they exist? If not, what do you think might be a good one for my 5 year old nephew? He did well with the Indo board holding on to the couch. He let go a few times which was really cool and he also wiped out preety bad a few times, so i'm thinking one that is lower to the ground might be safer.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-10-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Make one scaled down from the one you have. Scale down and cut a peice of plywood, put end peices on the bottom so the board wont keep rolling past the ends, and then cut a thick peice of PVC pipe the right thickness and length. Cover the PVC pipe with duct tape so it doesn't scare up the floor and your set!
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-10-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
i have a voodoo board. not sure if they are still made, but the roller is much smaller and the board sits on a track, so it might be a little easier for him to get used to.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
My 6 year old son kills it on the Indo Board. Much better than his Mom, lol...

I got him the Indo cushin(?) and a skateboard deck to start out on, but he uses mine more now.

(Message edited by Byrd on April 11, 2007)
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-12-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I made a balance board for my boys, ages 1 1/2 and 3. It's just a board with a 2x2 in the center. It works like a teeter-tauter(spelling). Now that they can balance on it rather easily I'm going to make the center board taller, to increase the difficulty. Once they get used to that I'm going to get them an indo board.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-12-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Oh my goodness root. 1 1/2 and 3? Thats awesome. Post some pics.
Thanks for the info everyone. Byrd if your 6 yr old is doing fine with the indo board I may just give my nephew one of those.