Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-26-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Hey I want to install a back up type camera for the boat. I’m looking for a small 2.5 to 3 inch LCD screen that I can sink into the side dash something that is on all the time so I can look down at a glance and see what’s back there. And a waterproof/resistant camera to mount at the rear of the boat.

If you know where I can find 2.5 to 3 inch LCD's and cammera please let me know.

You might be asking why:
Hers the scenario. It’s happened to me several times’ I’m with a bunch of people and its time to get moving. We all get in I fire up the boat and someone decides they need to do a last min bathroom stop and they slip into the water with out me noticing and are holding on to the swim step. I’m only seconds away from putting the boat in reverse before I realize that someone is back there. If someone is in the back seat you cant tell what’s behind you. You are relying on the people behind you to tell you what’s back there.
This seems like a simple fix for that problem
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
camera on ebay perhaps, try electronicexpress.com great deals and unreal fast shipping. thats where i got my screen from. Look up my "Backup Camera" post, i posted some pictures on there man. Hope that helps.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-26-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
dam g just put a plasma on that thing. it must cost a lot trying to keep up with joe aka "THE ORANGE CRUSH". tulloch sure has some flexin going on.
Old     (cartronics)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-26-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
Grant, take a look at hitchcam and vizualogic. They both have a 3-4" screens and cameras
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
http://www.raceoptics.com/evo.php?PHPSESSID=40e26a4961f45277bafc7548b6306321

This is something different but it opens up lots of other options too.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-27-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
great idea grant...

Not only will you be able to see when someone is on the swimstep taking a leak, but if you position the camera right every time a girl goes back to hang off of the platform, you get the boobie shot on the screen.

genius!
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-27-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
LOL... Kdubz beat me to it
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2007, 4:17 AM Reply   
This might be something to look at.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm/Outdoor-and-RV-Accessories/Tow-Center-Of-America/Weekly-Internet-Only-Specials/Wireless-BackUp-Camera-System-with-Color-LCD-Monitor/skunum=34302?skunum=34302&tab=spec
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-28-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
BING BING BING I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!!

or should it be

BLING BLING BLING
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-28-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
kdubz -

were coming down for the sat sale.

you got my carpet kit and spare tire all wrapped up with a purty red bow on it?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2007, 11:26 PM Reply   
I checked out the Cammera in the Link. It was no good for my set up. The cammera is wireless and the video signal was splotchy when I tryed it in my boat. Im gonna run a 3.5 inc screen in the dash with a hard wire No wireless to a back up cammera that stays on all the time. Im going to have to move some gauges but it will be real cool when its done. Im still looking 4 a water proof cammera that will work for my set up. Most of the cammeras require you to drill a big hole. Im looking for the kind that are in a square style case thats waterproof. I can mount it right under the grab handle in the rear
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-29-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Hawk....got the tire.
I'll call today to find out what's up with the carpet.
It must be coming in with Juan Valdez on the back of a Donkey with a shipment of Columbian coffee.
I could have made it faster than this.
Old     (jc245)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Grant,
Check out http://www.supercircuits.com

They have just about everything you could ever want as far as surveilance/cameras/etc... good company to work with also. Maybe they'll have something that will work out for you?!

-James
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-29-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Kdubz,

thanks. holler if you get a lead on that carpet, oh and some good beans too.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-30-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
hawk....

2 more weeks on the carpet.

They "say" they are "backed up" in production right now......whatever that means.

I do have your spare shoe for the boat though....

See you tomorrow sometime.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-30-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
There is a thread with info and pics on www.tigeowners.com.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3564&highlight=back+camera
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-30-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
I went into a spy shop in dallas that had VERY SMALL cameras that had pretty good resolution that could see through a pin hole. you could even put some infrared lights back there to make it functional at night too. if you're interested i could probably find a URL.

great idea though.