Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
I currently surf with the Hyperlite Broadcast and have for several seasons. It is a slow and sluggish for me and I have outgrown it alot. What board would you recommend for someone about 210 #'s, slightly better than intermediate ability currently.

I have been looking at Inland Surfer blue and red. Which one is the better fit. Also Shred sticks Ja Mako. Any others I should consider? Any likes/dislikes. I need a board that is faster and can help me improve more as I typically do about 70% surfing.

Also I will have a decently weighted V-drive to surf behind.

Thanks in advance. Its alot of money for a good board and don't want to be disappointed in spending for it.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-15-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
everybody on here will tell you to demo different boards, but if you're like me, that's not an option.

I just got a JaMako and love it....it is fast and very responsive. I also considered inland surfer, but went with the SS intead. Hopefully someone who's tried both can chime in.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-15-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
Both of those options would be very good.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
Inland Blue. Very fast, great for bigger people and very responsive. Everyone that has tried it behind our boat loves it. A friend had a hyperlite board, sold it and bought a inland Blue. Try it if you can
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input as I have been leaning towards the Blue. Will wait for some more feedback before I make the purchase. I do not have the option of demo'ing different boards so I have to go by user feedback at this point.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-16-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I have the IS Red Tide. Everyone gets up on it to start but want to try some other boards. IS Blue looks like nice set up.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
I never see used Shred Stix for sale but you do see some used inland surfers out there. Probably has to do with the amount of IS's produced... so take it for what its worth.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-16-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
Unless your very large or have a small wake go with the Blue over the Red.
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
I am in the same situation as you, I own the 5'6" broadcast and would consider myself 'intermediate', I weigh 255 lbs. and am currently demo'ing boards. I have found the broadcast to be too slow and sluggish and dives/catches an edge way too much. So far, I have demo'd-IS blue, IS yellow lugi, IS green lugi, Phase 5 Oogle, & Hyperlite Coex. So far, the IS blue is my favorite hands down. I have the Shred stixx and the ronix boards on tap next, intrigued by the Mojo XL, but my buddies say it won't b able to hold me. For me, the blue IS with smaller fins so far is going to be the way I go unless the Ronix or SS blows me away. My 2cents, hope that helps
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
Aisa.... report back after you demo those boards. I am curious as to how they feel as well. Great input so far thank you.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-17-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
I'm 210 to 220. I have a Mojo XL. Should be fine for your weight.

I rode a Ronix. I had to slow the boat down a lot and I really had to work hard.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
I bought the Inland Surfer Blue lake today. Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail. Thanks for the replies. Next board to purchase will be the Shred Stix.
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Great choice freak! I actually demo'd the blue lake again this past weekend to see if the wifey liked it, unfortunately, she didn't. I was hoping that if we upgraded from our broadcast, we can both ride the same board, doesnt look like that's going to happen. dont know if i will try the ronix or shred stixx, the IS blue works great for me. Have fun on your new board!