Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
Currently designing interiors and pannels for my old v-drive refitting project i have come to one simple issue, I need you to help me design the motor enclosure and rear sittings so that they are easy for reaching the engine in case of repairs and clever in space for storage.
Any ideas/recommendations are appreciated
Here's my first draft
Stallion  refitting

My plan is to have accomodate 3 people on the back, 2 in the passengers side and the driver.
hope to get some feedback!!
Old    powaman            10-29-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
I would have the bottom and the backrest of the seat be one piece and have it hinged at the front with removable pin hinges. Then have the back covers hinged at the rear and they'd come down and "attach" to the seat backrest. Then you could flip those base covers up and fold the bench forward(or with removable pin hinges take it right out) and wa la easy access to the engine.
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-29-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
what kind of boat are you redoing?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-29-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
I'm redoing an old 18' boat, beam is 7'5''
The entire thing must be rebuilt, stringers, floor, electric instalation, mechanics.
Only the hull is in good shape.
This boat uses an hidraulic 1:1 gear transmission (direct drive tranny) and remote V-drive unit with reduction.
I plan to install a Ford 351w in it and a velvet tranny, the V-drive is a local one (made in argentina.
This will be an improvised wakeboat, but believe me the wake behind this things is awesome.
I need some help designing the rear part of it to optimize storage spaces.
Other issue I cant decide is about the passenger's sittings, clamshell as most v-drives or ski style for only 2 persons.
As for the helm, a fixed position or a rotatory chair
As I posted before, any comment is much appreciated
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-31-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
cool an old tru v-drive boat.
post a pic of what your starting with.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
Transom: all the steel handrails are to be removed, exhaust will have a curve to fume under water
The ladder will be removed and will install a removable wood swim platform.
d1
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
Cockpit: Dash will be moved behind the steering wheel, hopefully I'll get my hands on some Teleflex Sahara gauges, problem is with speedos, wich have little accuracy over 20-30miles.
A rear view sitting goes against the current dash (ski boat style) and the current windshild will be replaced by a curved one with access to the bow

d2
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
Overall: Deck will be white, with a soft cream to cut sun reflection/eye burning, thus reducing temperature.
the sides will be bright black and the botton same colour as deck
The curved windshield will give it a completely modern look, remember this boat is from 1974
All hardware will be chromed or polished steel, except for the rudder and prop, wich will be polished.
I plan on adding it fins for improved tracking, but dont know wich configuration works best for it.
Fuel tank is under the bow, but i'm planning on having some automatic ballast system installed under the floor below it to sink it evenly while boarding

Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-31-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
cool.
for a speedo, go with perfect pass, or there are several thru hull paddle wheel units available. such as this one: http://store.wmjmarine.com/c14957.html
as far as seating arrangement, look at some of the modern boats and go from there.