Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    burton789            03-11-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
Has anyone with a SAN TE removed there hard tanks and replaced them with sacs? I am thinking about doing this to have more room when the sacs are empty and a bigger wake when the sacs are full. The wedge tanks just take up to much room.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Finally, somebody who doesn't like the tanks and sees the advantage of the sacks. It should be a fairly easy process. Any Supra or Moomba Dealer should be able to set you up with the fittings needed to convert over to sacks, plus supply the sacks if you wanted.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-11-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
I have seen it done, and should be fairly easy if you buy the right sacks. One's with top fill and a bottom drain hole. I have an 02 SANTE with the rule 1100 pumps and the hard tanks, I will probably end up adding the new PRO-X wedge sacks and plumbing them in to fill off the overflow of the tanks and drain on their own pumps. A simple 2 way valve, check valve, a couple fittings and a couple pumps could do it.

I know the tanks are fairly easy to remove as they have to be for engine repairs. all the plumbing and wiring is right there, so it's a pretty logical thing to do, you will only lose the fill gauges, (whatever!). One bit of concern is the divider between the storage compartments and the engine. The 2 piece walls are a bit flimsy and I could see a sack rolling into the wall and perhaps pushing it's way through to the engine. There are probably some fairly simple ways to either bolster the wall or add some straps to secure the bags.

The tanks are a nice, safe way for CC to add a stock ballast system with gauges. Most rider add weight anyway, so it's not a big deal to remove the rear tanks and put in what you want. you can easily do it without wrecking the system and set it aside for safe keeping.

What year is the SAN??
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-11-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
Michael,
I would think that would be easy to do. I just put the new pro-x sacs from fly high in my 97 super sport. I would think the lockers are about the same size. They fit perfectly. The size on the sac is 20x20x50. I was going to have custom 21x21x48 sacs made till I found these. They are the heavy duty material with treaded valves. They are the same valves that are in the gravity games bags that go into the supra and moomba.
Old    burton789            03-11-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Its a 2004
Old    davemcadams            03-11-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
Michael,

I replaced the hard tanks in our Bu with 540 Launch Pads using the existing pumps. The Launch pads are nice since they have four ports in each bag so connecting the filling, drain and overfill tubes is easy. We ride Falls mostly, but have been on Harris occasionally as well.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-11-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
I shouldn't be that bad at all. David's got the right idea with the fill/drain/vent-overflow thing.

This thread is convincing me to pull the hard tanks out of my ride now too.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Good idea!! Hard tanks suck. If I were you I'd fabricate a small false floor that is covered in carpeting that will rest on top of the sacs. That you have a floor that all the eqipment can rest on as opposed to getting in the way of the sac filling properly. As long as you aren't stacking lead on the false floor the sac will fill up fine. oh yeah you should create a simple guide system so as the floor moves up/down it stays straight.

(Message edited by stephan on March 11, 2005)
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-11-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
Stan,

Do you have any pics of those sacs installed in your boat? I have a '97 Super Sport too and I don't see how those are fitting in the compartments. Did you move your batter from out of one of the rear compartments? Do you just let the sacs fill up around the hydraulic arm that moves the sun pad up and down? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-14-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
Justin,
Yeah I moved the battery out of the compartment. I have some pics that I can send you but they are on my home pc and I am out of town till thursday night. I will try to remember to send them your way when I get back. I am not sure how the hydraulic arm is going to work out. If it is in the way I will take it out and use a prop stick to hold up the cover for maintenance. I am also using some metal shelves next to the engine to keep the bag from spilling into the engine compaartment. The walls that it came with were to short.