Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-14-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
Hey there, so I spent all day installing my Wakeboard Pro. It was pretty basic until I got to the paddle wheel part. I have a 2003 Centurian that has a paddle wheel already installed. I also have a gauge that is installed to the paddle wheel that tells me such things as speed, water temp, depth and some other things. I have located the cable in the back of the dashboard and it has the same 5 colored wires that the Wakeboard Pro cable has. I want to know if I can just splice into the existing wires or do I actually need to lose that instrument for the Perfect Pass to work properly. In the instruction manual, they mention that the paddle wheel may already be installed, but they do not mention what to do if it is currently being used by another instrument. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-14-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
Call or email tech support they get right back to you and know exactly what to do.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-15-2005, 5:14 AM Reply   
Scott my Centurion is set up the same way. When you ordered the PP did you tell them that you already have a paddle wheel. If you did they should have sent you a jumper wire that allows you to use the existing paddle wheel. Talk to Randy at PP he will help you.
Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-15-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
I called the guys at Perfect Pass and they told me that it would probably work if I spliced it but they mentioned a possible corrosion issue. They suggested that I buy the jumper cable for $10.00 and pay $16.00 to ship it.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-15-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Scott dont buy the jumper. They told me the same thing when I was installing it in my avalanche. All you have to do is make sure you have a good splice and then take some of the shrink covering and cover your splice. Mine worked perfect and I never had a problem and the person who bought the boat from me hasnt either.
Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-15-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
Rod, how did you splice the wires. I was told that whatever I do, do not connect the RED wire. I was told just splice the GREEN because that sends the signal and if I wanted Water Temp to connect the WHITE and BROWN.Does this sound right.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-15-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Scott,
I cant remember off the top of my head how the wiring went. When I get home tonight Ill look and see if I kept my my install paperwork. I might have given the new owner all of it. You could also call centurion direct and tell them your problem. They will be able to tell you exactly what wires you need to splice into.
Old    zenmaster            03-16-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
Scott, I just finished my install of pp also, and they sent me an adapter to use the existing paddle wheel for free. I don't know if this is the jumper that everyone is talking about, but it had ring terminals on the green and the white (I think it was white anyway) wires and nothing on the red and brown wires. All I did was hook up the ring terminals to the back of the faria guages - the green to the speed post on the speedo and the white to the ground, again I belive it was white - short memory, and then hooked the other end to the master module. It made for a pretty clean install. PP did say in the instructions to not hook up the water temp wires but it is on the pilot one so I figured one readout was enough. Anyway hope this helps.