Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
on of the channels on my 4125 is acting flaky. I have to hold the plugs down to get the channel to work.

So, instead of one 4125, I could use a zapco, or run with 2 amps. any suggestions? im running a pair of tyrans, and I insist on running enough, if not more than enough power to em.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Try a MCA5004 by Memphis. It has the same rating as the PPI, fan cooled. Good amp.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       08-02-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I had the same problem with one of my PPI amps. You can either send it back to DEI and they will repair it for you or if its something like what happened to my amp. The solder weld for for wires that are on the RCA's came loose. I opened up the amp and then re-soldered the wires back on. I hear its about $125-$250 for DEI to repair it. If you dont want the amp anymore and want to use it as a boat anchor......I'll take it!
Hope that helps!
Old    murphy8166            08-02-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
I got one for sale that works perfectly. Anyone intrested.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Harold,

that sounds exactly like whats happening. I think ill open er up and hit er with the soldering iron. worth a shot before I spend the money on a new amp.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       08-02-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
yeah, for me it was where the wires are soldered onto the RCA connections. One side of my tower speakers would turn on/off. As soon as I would move the RCA connections just a little, it would pass the current and would work again. Give it a shot!
Old    alanp            08-02-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
damn thats a tuff amp replace. hopefully you get it fixed.

murphy what are you asking for your amp? why in the world would you wanna sell it. those just simply pound
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-02-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
I have two of these amps so I want to sell one of them. I'd let it go for $340 shipped.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-03-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
You can fix it yourself if you are not a complete idiot with a soldering iron. Open it up, look at the back side of the board and then wiggle the RCA connector. You will see the cracked solder joint move a bit. Just reflow the solder, fixed.