Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old    bocephus            03-10-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
1. '07 Correct Craft SV-211 - $60,000
2. Orange Lifejacket - $2.99
3. Getting your picture on Wakeworld.com doing something really stupid - PRICELESS

Upload
Upload
Upload

I think Caddywampus needs to show these guys how to weight their boat for surfing.

Maybe he's a sailer or something from Yale or Harvard.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
That guy is hurting if he slips off the side. 1 fat guy off the side is equal to about 500lbs in the boat.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-11-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
It's funny that they are so ready to comply with the law, that they'd use that silly orange life jacket, yet I'm pretty sure there is probably a law against hanging off the side of a boat like that!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
Hes probably just being goofy
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-11-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
What about sail boats, they do that all the time?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote: "What about sailboats, they do that all the time?"

Yes, but sailboats don't have a V8 engine coupled with a nice sharp four blade prop!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-11-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Kudos to the proper use of the flag....hahahaha
Old    bocephus            03-12-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
From the Arizona Boater's Handbook:

Vessels towing person(s) on water skis or a similar device must carry and use a bright red or orange skier-down flag that is at least 12 x 12 inches in size and mounted on a handle. The observer must be physically capable and mentally competent to act as an observer of a water-skier. The observer must continuously observe the skier(s) and display a skier-down flag whenever a skier is in the water after falling or while preparing to ski.

I'm not sure they qualify.
Old    mendo247            03-12-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
bahahahaha... you see the best things at lakes!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
I know I've seen that SV-211 before. I think my buddy knows the owner. There was a couple driving it out at Saguaro about a month ago. Just a couple and just driving fast. They made sure to come back in the keyhole and mess up our nice water.

Bocephus, is that at Canyon?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-12-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I'm from Florida and we don't use skier down flags here and I still don't understand the purpose. If I see a boat with line in the water or at idle in the middle of the bay or lake I observe the water for any signs of life and stay away. Seems like checking for a flag on the boat is the last place you want your attention. I'm probably just ignorant though.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-12-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
That guy's giving Nautique owners (211 owner specifically) a BAD name. Someone stop him.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Same here Paul. Louisiana doesn't have any laws or rules that say you need one, and it seems like everyone is pretty observant, so we don't use them either.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Well everyone here on California's public waterways are a bunch of retards. We have yahoos out doing all kinds of great things, the least of which includes trying to run others over. I thank God everyday for the flag, I just wish it came in a .45 caliber at times...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Flags are dumb. People put them up at the wrong times, leave them up all the time, and it's a waste of energy. Laws like having a flag are because non-experienced boaters are ruining a lifestyle. And they probably don't even know what the flag means. I'm venting, but I don't feel that some dude in a patrol boat being out there is making it safe, and neither is having a skier down flag.
Old     (rebel_ma)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-12-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
LMAO! Big Heavy! I wish I could find that model! Right now I have to settle for a flag AND an air horn!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-12-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE!!!!
I think that big heavy is right. Most western states have yahoos with a higher average pay checks. Western states seem to pay retards more. Southern states may pay the same but you cant be an R tard and you have to work more. In the west we(I use we to try not to sound like to much of an azz) go out and get a boat even though they have never been on one. In my (possibly ignorant)oppinion, The people that I know from the south have grown up on the water. They have common water sence. I know alot of people from Colorado that own and use boats that MOST DEFF. should not be aloud to operate. Obviously some of the westerners on this site are very capable.

(Message edited by epic1 on March 12, 2007)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
I see... No worries I'm not judging anyone.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Back to the pictures...I think that since they didn't have a short rope their brilliant idea was to have the guy hanging off the boat take up the rope to make it shorter.

(Message edited by sandman59 on March 13, 2007)
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-13-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the prop on a Nauti rotate in the opposite direction? If that's the case he should be on the opposite side of the boat.