Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-17-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Just wondering what people thought of them. Another one of those West coast Boat Lines that are unknown on the East coast.

Any wake/surf Pic with weight setup.
How is the fit and Finish on them.
What is the wake comparable to.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-17-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
the sanger 210 wake is very similar to the older nautique 210 hull wake. i was very suprised with how good the sanger actually was... i rode it one time with a triangle sac in the bow and two small sacs in each compartment and the wake got quite large and was very clean
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-17-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
I know the company has been around a long time, I know a lot of people love them. I have heard good things quality wise. Function wise I am not a fan, i think the gunwale is way to low. I would not be comfortable slamming it for wake boarding or putting it on its side to surf. For me that is a huge issue. Also, when I sat in the few older models, like 08-09, I didn't feel like I was completely "in" the boat. Again, the gunwales are super low, and I felt like I was in a little aluminum fishing boat.

They do look sweet on the water though.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-17-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Great wake surf boat both the V215 and the V237. The first picture is a V237 and the last 2 are V215
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
Fit and finish is basic but good. Wake is great, this is 2200 pounds @ 23mph. These boats are a totally different concept to the new wake/tug boats. Not for everyone but great value and i don't think i have ever spoken to a dissappointed owner which is the most important aspect of all boat performance imo.
Attached Images

Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-17-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
I love surfing my V210. It may not be the biggest wave but it's clean and has a nice shape to it. The low free- board doesn't bother us because we go out on weekdays when its not crowded. When our rider falls we stop and let the wave pass, before turning to pick them up.
Like Darren said the said the boat is not fancy but you can still have a lot of fun behind one.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong the interior is not bad at all, just not dripping in CNC fluff.
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-17-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
I love surfing my V210. It may not be the biggest wave but it's clean and has a nice shape to it. The low free- board doesn't bother us because we go out on weekdays when its not crowded. When our rider falls we stop and let the wave pass, before turning to pick them up.
Like Darren said the said the boat is not fancy but you can still have a lot of fun behind one.
I didn't mean to knock the shape. Cause those waves look beautiful. When we surf our tige 20V the water will run over the corner of the locker, and thats on smooth days with it totally slammed, I wouldn't weight my boat like I do if it had a smaller freeboard.

Maybe its not that big of an issue as I perceive it, Dennis, how is your experience with that? Any issues with lots of weight and the low gunwales?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
The wake for surfing is great port or starboard. They all have a fairly deep V at the transom so the surf wake is really nice when you get enough list on the hull. Wakeboard wake is very good but I think you can run a Malibu a little slower with the wake just as clean.
The biggest pluses for the Sanger are in how solid the ride feels and how well they handle rough water. My 215 is better in a storm than many 19-21' I/Os. Generally that are a bit lighter than most others of similar size and yet feel more solid when you ride in them.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-17-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Sanger v210 wake is awesome , low freeboard just looks sleek and sexy on the water , I dOnt surf but am interested how you guys are weighting , Darren I have the same boat as you and am weighting as you told me in prior post and wake is steeP and clean ! And paid a fraction of he price per the " big3"
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-17-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
I can't find a shot of my surf wake,but I know Darren has a killer shot of his.
On my second Sanger,from DXII to a V210.
Great wakeboard boat,but had I got into surfing beforehand,I would have takin a shot at a 215,but I can still surf it,just need a little more weight/people in the boat.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-17-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
@joe Never taken water over the side ,back or bow. No need to get the rub rail under water except while surfing but that is just under. I don't load it as much during the summer when I know it is going to be crowded. Just to be on the safe side.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-17-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
I have had the V237 in pretty rough water loaded for a contest and never had a problem as it is 9" higher freeboard.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-17-2012, 10:42 PM Reply   
I'm 100% sold on Sanger....as a lot of Sanger owners are. I've had a DXII, SangAir, and right now I have a V237 (for sale), which has been replaced by a V230. They don't put a lot of flashy stuff on their boats like other manufacturers, but the boat will last forever. Compare the condition of a 10 year old Sanger with any other manufacturer's boat and you will see the difference.

You can't really compare a V237 with a V210/V215/V230. The V237 is a big SUV that can throw a huge wake. You can add weight to your hearts desire! The V210/V215/V230 are more multi-purpose boats. They perform more like a direct drive and take some effort to get a good wake. If you want a huge wake, the non-V237's are probably not the best choice....just like a MasterCraft X-2 wouldn't be the best choice for a huge wake.

FYI: I'm a tubby 225lbs and I fill all my factory ballast (1300lbs) and add 2-500lb fat sacs in the surf side locker and it produces a nice big, long wake. My swim deck is maybe 6" under water on the surf side...far from the rub rails.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2012, 12:44 AM Reply   
The performance of the boat from a handling perspective is a good point. The V215 is, in my opinion, the best handling rear engine boat out there. It's the only rear engine boat I drove from anyone that performed like some of the D-drives. (I did not drive the V210)
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-18-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Big sangdog!!!!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-18-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have had a V215 for 3 years now and I'm overall pretty happy with it. The wake and wave are great. Everyone that rides my boat says they really like the wake because its fun and consistent. It's pretty rampy(not as much as a Malibu) but had a decent kick when weighted down. For the weight, I replaced the stock 250lb hard tanks with 750lb sacs in the lockers, 500 in the center/front hull and a 1100lb bow triangle in the nose. I've also added another 600lb sac on the center floor but that was more weight than I'd like to run on a daily basis. With the Acme 911 prop and the black scorpion 330hp engine it pulls the weight with ease. The interior is basic as said before but the boats are well built. After 3 years and 340 hours the engine hasn't given me a single problem.

Now for my complaints.... The design stitching on my sundeck is almost completely gone(which is a pretty common problem according to Sanger). The vinyl on my rear and side seats are tearing at the piping pretty bad. They started to tear after about 2 years and have rapidly deteriorated. In my opinion the interior of a lot of other moat manufactures holds up longer than 3 years and 340 hours. I contacted Sanger when they started tearing and they said it's not covered under warranty but they would fix it for a good price. 3 emails and 2 phone messages to them later I still have never got a response back so I'm going to have to say their customer service was $hit in my experience. I got my boat for a ridiculously good price which is my I'm pretty pleased with it. With that said if I was going to spend $45k-$50kish on a new boat, it would be an MB.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-18-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
I own a V210 and I bought it because I thought it was a great value and has a great wakeboard wake. It's the best handling boat I've driven when weighted. It takes rough water well too. It holds speed really well, drives D-up's GREAT and doesn't do any weird crap like chine lock.

If your a new boat driver your not going to like the lack of freeboard if you slam the boat.

The surf wake will work but I'd move on to something else if that's what your looking for.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-18-2012, 10:44 PM Reply   
^ I wish I could say the same. Mine chine locks like crazy when we weight it down. Sure makes turning in the delta interesting.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-19-2012, 7:57 AM Reply   
Having just sold a Sanger I'd echo what these other guys are saying. Build quality is near top notch for a boat. They seem to care about customers as well.

Sanger has been building legendary v-drive boats for a long time.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Sanger.

As far as feeling like you are "in the boat"....I've never had anyone say they felt that way. But a test drive will give you an idea if the low freeboard is something you like or not.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-19-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
To the OP, a lot of people are talking about the low free board of the 210 but you didn't mention any specific Sanger model. The 215, 230, and 237 are all plenty deep boats (especially the 237) with lots of free board.

Less bells and whistles then other boats, but also not as expensive. I feel like with the Sangers you get quality construction and solid performance, but without a lot of the new electronics and cool features of the Bu's MC's, etc...If you are fine not having those, but still want a solid wake boat that is reliable, then you should check them out.

We got our V230 for a lot less then other 23' boats on the market. It came with the upgraded engine, tower, t/a trailer, & ballast. Those were the important thing to us, everything else can (and will) be added in time as money allows. We added board racks, full stereo, evolution cover, prop guard rollers, and fat sacks in lieu of the rear tanks.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2012, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Having just sold a Sanger I'd echo what these other guys are saying. Build quality is near top notch for a boat. They seem to care about customers as well.

Sanger has been building legendary v-drive boats for a long time.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Sanger.

As far as feeling like you are "in the boat"....I've never had anyone say they felt that way. But a test drive will give you an idea if the low freeboard is something you like or not.
Its definitely something that is totally preference. They look super clean on the water. For me, I like feeling like I am "in" the boat rather than "on" the boat. The old Tige dealership in AZ was also a dealer for Sanger at one point, I went and sat in the old 24V and then the Sanger, maybe it was a V215? I don't remember, but the difference in the feeling of "depth" was crazy. It was like, sitting in a low beach chair vs sitting in a normal chair.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-20-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
We love our V230! Great driving boat for a 23 footer, and very deep inside! I love the way Sangers look on the water!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2012, 7:56 AM Reply   
Sangers are great boats. Lot of bang for your buck. The 215 especially.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
I love my V215 and haven't had a single problem with it to date. They build them very well and half a hundred will get you a lot of boat.

I've been in some hairy and I mean HAIRY crap in my boat with my whole family and had no problems making it out of it low free board and all. I've always felt like the seats are deep and the seat backs are high with deep seat bases.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-20-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
I have to agree with everyone else here. I have a 2003 V230 and love it. It's my 2nd boat and I haven't had any issues at all. Ok, I did gut the entire interior and re-do it, but, hey, that's just me. I've been in some really rough water and feel completely safe in it. I'm actually heading to Lake Powell for 12 days in July and CAN NOT wait. I love that lake and with the amount of weight I'm going to run, it should be epic. There's a reason Sanger owners like their boats, they've got a great history and are proven on the water. They might not have all the bells and whistles as some of the other mfg's, but I don't really want all that stuff anyway. It's just more stuff that will break and I'll have to fix.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-20-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I love my V215 and haven't had a single problem with it to date. They build them very well and half a hundred will get you a lot of boat.

I've been in some hairy and I mean HAIRY crap in my boat with my whole family and had no problems making it out of it low free board and all. I've always felt like the seats are deep and the seat backs are high with deep seat bases.
I am assuming you are talking about over at Chelan. IT can definately get terrible there. Like really terrible.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-20-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Everyone complains about the freeboard, but have you ever been in an older ski boat? I haven't been in any of the newer ones, but an old 80s prostar 190 and an early 90s malibu skier both seemed to have less freeboard than my Sanger V210. It doesn't bother me at all. Nor has it bothered anyone who has ever been in my boat. Granted, I'm not going out when it's storming.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-20-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
Everyone complains about the freeboard, but have you ever been in an older ski boat? I haven't been in any of the newer ones, but an old 80s prostar 190 and an early 90s malibu skier both seemed to have less freeboard than my Sanger V210. It doesn't bother me at all. Nor has it bothered anyone who has ever been in my boat. Granted, I'm not going out when it's storming.
I think people are comparing Sangers with some of newer boats when it comes to weighting them for wakeboarding and surfing. I think people get a little nervous about it when they think about all that weight. I run about 2400 lbs. of ballast in my V230 and have never had an issue even when it's rough.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am assuming you are talking about over at Chelan. IT can definately get terrible there. Like really terrible.
Yep. I made a run from in town to my place in Manson. Dead into the wind and blown out white caps dodging debris and LC made it no sweat.

Freeboard Shmeeboard:
Name:  girls3.jpg
Views: 2303
Size:  45.7 KB

Surf Wave on the right side (rider is 6'1"):

Name:  levi surfing.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  81.9 KB
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-20-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Old School.

Low freeboard is not a problem for anyone who actually owns a Sanger, they are designed for the big CA lakes and Delta which can get very rough to say the least. Sanger does not have any limit to the horsepower that you can bolt in, which is a testament to the integrity of Sanger Boats.
Attached Images

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
What a beautiful pic!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
All this Sanger love is warming the cockles of my heart.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
^X2!

Never had a problem with the low freeboard. Just gotta be a good driver. We've accidentally dipped the bow a couple of times but in 6 years of 75-100 hours/year never had any issue with water over the gunnels or stern.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-21-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Slam it!!! Ya buddy!!! Quit being a bitch!!!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-21-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
I agree. I had a DLX and my wife had NEVER driven a boat and she never had any issues with the freeboard. She absolutely loved driving that boat.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-21-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
whats everyones problem with the "low freeboard"? You aint driving it in the freakin ocean!

Learn how to drive over wakes, and give it some throttle. done.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-21-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
I am am Sanger Rookie and the only time I take on water is when when my kids in the front piss me off.