Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2011, 5:43 AM Reply   
Thought you guys might find this entertaining. It's my GF's 1/2 Great Dane 1/2 Boxer pulling me on my skateboard. There's 2 parts, on board cam and my GF filming from a distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb5yc...ature=youtu.be
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-05-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
LOL that was awesome! Your thoroughbred came out of the gates a little too hot!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-05-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
Cool dog. I love the girlfriend's sound effect at the end -- "oooooffff" - kind of a cross between "I told him he was crazy" and "man I hope he didn't really hurt himself"
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Yeah...well...she said as soon as she turned the camera off she began laughing hysterically.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-05-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
You need a long board. Your short board apparently isn't built for speed.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-05-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
LOL that was good.. Once i saw the post i knew someone bailed....
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-05-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Awesome! I run my dogs the same way almost every day..

http://youtu.be/Z8l7nyjLQrs
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
Best easy fast way to get the dog ran is using a longboard. ^^^^ sorry man, but you need to get them harnesses, that is really bad to just use collars.
Old     (jstewart319)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-05-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
You need to get one of these.
http://www.ruffwear.com/Omnijore-Jor...&category=1131
Old     (bradmo42)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-05-2011, 9:16 PM Reply   
You need some pads haha

sketchyyyyy
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart319 View Post
I'm sure you know, but they actually just came out with that OmniJore. I currently use the RuffWear Webmaster climbing harness, and it seems to work very well. I want to get the joring harness, but hard to drop $150 when I won't use half of it. Being strapped to the dog will create some even better crashes.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2011, 9:38 PM Reply   
i used to do this all the time, maybe il take my dog out tomorrow
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2011, 9:41 PM Reply   
For those that do this as well, how fast can you come to a stop? This is something I've been working on, and have got it down to a pretty quick, prob 5-10ft distance from when I want to, to actually stopping. Normally for a car or something I just ride over to the curb and snatch the board up, but have had to do my share of yard diving and running.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2011, 9:48 PM Reply   
and sorry to keep posting, and don't mean to harp, but you really need a harness to do this. Your dog is basically choking itself when using a collar, and there is a chance for permanent damage, vocal cords, trachea, etc. I've also found having the harness, as we only use it for doing this, allows my dog to associate harness with going for a ride, which in my mind also limits her actually "pulling" on the leash to really only when she has her harness on.

Worst crash is when they take an unexpected bathroom break for sure. I do this with my dog nearly on a daily basis, great way to get them a quick and fun run, and getting a ride in for yourself.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-06-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
I've been doing this with my dog since he was a puppy and have him pretty well trained at it. I can guide him into turns and when I start dragging my foot he'll slow down his pace. It's awesome because they're usually worn out for the rest of the night afterwards.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
A-Dub, I have a harness for her, but she hates it and tries to chew it off.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
A-Dub, I have a harness for her, but she hates it and tries to chew it off.
What type of harness are you using? The normal walking harness aren't very good for this use in my opinion.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2011, 5:15 AM Reply   
It's a liquid force impact harness... kidding...not sure, just one I got from pets mart. I may put the harness on her next time, if there is a next time. I've been a bit reluctant since I'm still sore from the crash..lol