Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-08-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
It's going to be raining and storming heavily all day so my GF and I decided to watch a movie at home this evening. Any suggestions on a good one? Thinking maybe a good thriller or a non-cheesy horror.
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-08-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Suspense - Shutter Island.

Horror - Paranormal Activity. A few friends and I thought this was creepy as hell, but some thought it was cheesy, so...

For "feel good" watch Blind Side.

For a cute, chick flick - When In Rome. It was funny-cute.

For raunchy humor - Sex Drive (loved this movie, has great one liners.)
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-08-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Law Abiding Citizen was the last Thriller I watched and loved.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-08-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
Zombieland. Zombies, shooting stuff, love story, twinkies, Woodie Harrelson and Bill Murray. Something for everyone!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-08-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Watched Hot Tub Time Machine the other night, it's very funny.

Last edited by wakereviews; 07-08-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-08-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
Horror - Paranormal Activity. A few friends and I thought this was creepy as hell, but some thought it was cheesy, so...
I was drug kicking and screaming to this movie. I knew not to look directly at the screen after getting sick watching Blair Witch. My only consulation is that the people who forced me to go got sick watching it.
Old    sperbet            07-08-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
2nd Zombieland, I loved it
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-08-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
I just saw Shutter Island. It was great.
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-08-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I was drug kicking and screaming to this movie. I knew not to look directly at the screen after getting sick watching Blair Witch. My only consulation is that the people who forced me to go got sick watching it.
That sucks! No one should be forced to watch a scary movie, it could mess with your mind. To this day, I still get chills looking out a dark window at night, thanks to the Amityville Horror. The twisted part is, I'm a sucker for scary movies.

Paranormal Activity was definitely creepy, mostly becuase it hit upon things that creep most people out naturally - unexplained sounds, things appearing to move by themselves, etc.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-08-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
It wasn't the scariness. It was the camera shake. I only found it mildly scary. The whole thing about simulating the average person shooting video by having the camera shake like it someone with Parkinsons was holding it is a big fail IMO.

Shutter Island was pretty good. I recommend it too.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
hangover!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Oh yeah... the Hangover is hillarious.

Can't wait to see Shutter Island. Looks good.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-09-2010, 4:31 AM Reply   
seen most of what was suggested. We ended up watching Up In The Air. It was pretty good...
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Taken

If you haven't seen it. You need to.
Old     (WakeboardNJ)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-09-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
If your still looking for suggestions...
District 9
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-10-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
"She's out of my league" was funny as hell.

I thought shutter island was slow and predictable. I knew the ending before it even happened.