Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-05-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
Ok.....First off, let me say I have no prior info on what i'm asking about

I might be in the Seattle area on biddness in mid January. I have no idea about conditions there. Thanks in advance...
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-05-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
no worries, i can tell you it'll b cold as F*CK. it's 46 degrees today and it's not warm'n' up anytime soon :-) you might want to pack ur snowboard though.

i'm actually tak'n' a week and going to florida just so i can try and stick a few tricks for the first time before the year ends...and make a little vaca outta the deal.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-05-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
joe, dude...you wear a drysuit in july...in CALI! there's no way in hell you're riding in seattle in january.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-05-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
Leave your wakeboard & bring a snowboard.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-05-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Four letters for ya...NWHC.

Nuff said.

PS: Umali thinks 80 degrees is cold.

Just kidding Joe.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-05-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
I won't push you one way or the other for riding, but if you do decide your up to it while here your welcome to a pull on my boat.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-05-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
nwhc = north west homo club?

80 too cold? nah, i'm not that big of a wuss. i've been known to trunk it w/ 56 water temp and 65 air temp. for the nwhc, i guess that's nothin'. but for a skinnier guy from cali, that's huge!

and i'm dead serious about clubjoe wearing a drysuit in july.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-05-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Hey Jordan what part of Florida are you doin to and when? I'm headed to Ft. Lauderdale this saturday until the 17th. I wanna go to Ski Rixen but I'm still lookin for a board bag to travel with. Gonna check the local dealer tomorrow...

anyway just curious from another WA rider! :-)

Jamie
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-05-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Man!

I'm missing that 46 degree air right now. I'm sitting here in the San Jose airport on my third delay for the flight home. F'n Alaska!

The only saving grace is my cold Sam Adams and the Bits&Bytes Internet Cafe.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-05-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
hahaha thanks for the laughs all.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-05-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
Hey!! It was just the one day in July!!

Besides, I may whine about it in winter (ok summer too), but if you recall, it doesn't stop me from going! ...

I figured everything was frozen in
WA, but what do I know?.....Haven't been on the snow in years, and never on a board.........yet!

Cliff- Yeah, I'd be up for ridin' if I can get free....Still have to figure out what's going on, and how long we'll be there though (me/girlfriend are going)....Thanks for the offer!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-06-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
"nwhc = north west homo club?"

ouch!
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-06-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
"Cliff- Yeah, I'd be up for ridin' if I can get free."

You don't get free with Cliff -- he always charges, but the show's worth it.
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-06-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
hey jamie, i was supposed to go to Orlando and stay with sean obrien on the 15-20th of dec...but i found out i have a meeting for work the 15-17 that i can't miss so i have to go next month sometime. AHHHHHH!

oh, and don't forget to mark your bags "snowboards" instead of wakeboards, they'll charge ya extra for wakeboards (don't ask me why :-)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Dont' worry J-Rod. Joe has horrible flash backs from when he gave winter riding with us shot a couple years back. Let's just say purple Filipinos arent' very attractive.

Joe,

I love you little buddy, but go easy or the pic of your fateful day in 42 degree water is coming out.

Eagle,

We're definitely going this weekend. I'll give you a call.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-06-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
i am going easy!

on a different note, did you guys fair well with the storms that hit the northwest? my mom called me on saturday to tell me about the snow, then told me a couple days later about all the rain, flood, wind, etc.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
All the flooding happened in the tide flats from south of Tacoma and down towards Vancouver. They just keep reporting it as Seattle.

It was a pretty good rain storm though, even by our standards.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-06-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Cliff ~ come on! post it anyways
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-06-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
yeah, my parents' home was spared as well, tho parts of woodinville was flooded.

why bug's dying to see a bad picture of me, i have no idea. maybe he's secretly part of a homosexual club.
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-06-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
i live in woodinville as well, thank god my house was all good...though some of my employees and i were ready to go wakeskate behind the work van at my work cause the parking lot was above the knees at some places !!! LOL
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-06-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Our chance to shred the puddle gnar has come and gone. But I was thinking the same exact thing.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-06-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
aaaww come on Joe.... If you can't laugh at your self, who can?
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-06-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
riley...you know it!! i actually had a shorty on, wakeskate shoes, and adam had the keys to the van and everything at the end of work, and was ready to go but our HR lady and boss were still there and woulda had a $h!+ fit if i'd have gone whizz'n' past the window on the sk8 LOL.

so we pulled out at the last.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-08-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
right now I would trade my 114 degree heat here in the gulf for the North West cold right now..

****Thread Hi Jack*****

Cliff my wife is already making the reservations for us next summer for the NWWF! Let me know if you want some Navy stuff for the raffle drawings.

****Thread Hi Jack Over*****
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-08-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
new profile pic for ya