Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    huckleberry            10-30-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
I am thinking about building aslider in Kentucky Lake, but it is TVA property. I have placed many "fish attractors" but they are usually under water. I'm worried that I build them, they will remove them even before spring gets here.Has anyone ever had any runins w/lake athorities on this matter?

By the way, it's supposed to in the low 80's, guess I'll have to winterize again!!!
Old    deltahoosier            10-30-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
I love Kentucky Lake. My Uncle had a house where the back yard went right down to a nice cove and you can see the dam from the unstairs. Oh the memories.....
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-31-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
I'd say if it's a fixed slider they would tear it down because it's a hazard for night fishing.

Some bass boat might plow into it during a tournament.
Old    huckleberry            10-31-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
Has anyone try building a floating slider w/a few 50 gal barrels. I've thought about it but not sure how stable it will be. If anybody has tried this let me know how it turned out.
Old    k_wagner7            11-02-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
im on the guntersville lake in the tennessee river and some ppl that board built a slider and a kicker and tva said that as long as it wasnt fixed it was ok so we just have buoys floating marking the weights for them and just take them in and out whenever we want them and when dont use them we just tie them up to the boat houses
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-03-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Kyle,
I have talked to you on the phone several times this fall about wakeboarding on Kentucky Lake, but the issue of sliders never came up. My friends and I built a 20' slider rail this summer to put in Kentucky Lake across from our house, but we had a lot of problems anchoring the posts into the lake bed. We never got the slider to work by making it a permanent structure, and because it was the end of the summer, we had to bail on the idea. Next summer we are going to make the rail more of a rainbow slider like the pro tour uses that is floating with boards covering the posts at a 45 degree angle and make a kicker that also floats. I think that floating sliders are the way to go on Kentucky Lake becuase of the changing depths of the lake. In Florida where the lakes are shallow and stay relatively the same depth year round, the permanent structures are a better idea. Hope this helps.
Andrew
Old    huckleberry            11-03-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Andrew,
I'm trying to come up with a design for a removable floating slider. I don't were I'll put it but thinking Demumbers Bay.

I'm going to try to contact the power boat racers and see if they will let us put on a wakeboard demo/show between the races. I would love to have a slider or two to hit. They have their races in Pasgah Bay.

By the way I went riding Sunday. It was nice.
Old    k_wagner7            11-03-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
ppl down here built a floating slider with barrels keeping it afloat and built a kicker using the hull of a jetski make sure that you have tons of weight to hold it down or else it may move a little on you if you do this try filling buckets with concrete thats what we use
Old    lachlantait            11-04-2003, 1:37 AM Reply   
yeah this is an old slider design, im making it at the mo but its a bit different from the design, for starters its still has a 5 meter flat top section, but instead of have to upramps on either side im just going to have one upramp and this is going to be 3 meters long at an angle of 20 degrees, from there the slider will sit about 1.2meters about the water and im not using 20l containers any more just using old refridgerator foam (that stuff is heaps bouyant)