Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       07-21-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
So, I ordered up my new LG2 handle and got it just before the weekend. Was out teaching my buddy how to board, so he does the occasional faceplant while learning how to stand. Then, out of nowhere, the handle was completely taco'd. The handle bent right in the middle, cracked the aluminum inside!
Now, my buddy only weighs about 170, so this shouldn't happen, right? Ordered it online through greenhouse rideshop. Should I have a problem returning this? I want another cause the handle was SIKK while I was using it, But not if this is what will happen...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
greenhouse will take care of you! give 'em a call, let 'em know what happened.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
If they don't, just call Proline directly. They will have no problem helping you out.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
Never had an LG2 to that.
Yes it has a warranty, you will have no problems getting the handle replaced.
Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       07-21-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Cool...My luck though, greenhouse is closed on mondays. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say
Old    mendo247            07-21-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Pretty common, seen it happen a few times. Mostly when "tough guys lol" are fighting the boat, usually they fall forward and hang on with one hand not wanting to give up. If they warranty it id be impressed!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
Why would you be impressed if they warranty it Richard?
I dont care how big you are or how much of a tough guy you are LOL a handle should not do this while wakeboarding period.
Now if it got caught on a dock or something I could see them not warranting the handle, but just wakeboarding, it should be covered.
Old    mendo247            07-21-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Like i said, ive seen and had this happen to handles i own. IMO its user error. Ive never went the warranty route, just hung the handle on the wall or tossed it away. Whats the difference between getting your handle caught on a dock and a beginner being drug behind a boat not letting go of the handle? IMO they are both from people not knowing what they are doing, right? I never thoguht of warrantying it, maybe ill dig mine out ot the trash and send it on lol
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-22-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
The difference is that the handle is meant to pull riders through the water and there shouldn't be that much resistance to break it, even if you don't know what you are doing. I have tought countless people with a variety of handles and never saw this happen (even when hanging on too long and creating significant drag and handle pop). How do you think people learn... through trial and error and to expect them to go through a dozen handles is crazy.

The dock sceneario is totally different. Trying to use if for something it isn't intended (moving a stationary and anchored object).

Either way, I bet they warranty it as it was being used as intended whether or not the person knew how to get up on a wakeboard yet or not.

(Message edited by Schmo on July 22, 2008)
Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       07-22-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
They open at 9:00 am, I will call and see what they say. I will post a picture of my handle this afternoon too. Maybe they will let me keep it and I can hang it proud on the mantle, Or on my buddies mantle!!
Old    mendo247            07-22-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Yeah they are great conversation pieces when hung in the wall!
Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       07-22-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Upload

Can Barely move it to bend it back!
Pretty strong stuff...
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-22-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
so i guess bare-footing is user error? Don't tell Zane.