Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
i've heard a lot of posts that mention things such as (not word for word)

"...well they have been trained by..."
and "if i had that much watertime i would be that good too"
"well they live in orlando so that explains why they are experts on a wakeboard"

it seems like whenever someone is killing it, people are killing the vibe and finding reasons or excuses as to why they rip. making it sound like they dont have as much skill as they really do. pretty much just kills the stoke.

i dont care if your parents are rich and you get pulled everyday or if you are poor and working everyday with just enough money to afford a winch

if you are killing it. you are killing it. you have a skill. end of story.

and thats the end of my rant :-)
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
amen! it gets old.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   

quote:

it seems like whenever someone is killing it, people are killing the vibe and finding reasons or excuses as to why they rip. making it sound like they dont have as much skill as they really do. pretty much just kills the stoke.

so don't let it get to you and i guarantee the stoke will still be there.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-21-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
That was more like .04 cents
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-21-2008, 6:23 AM Reply   
Don't read the posts. I really think some people are convinced Wakeworld is wakeboarding.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
its probably more like $1.98

just felt like it needed to be said. i'm not going to lose sleep tonight or anything like that.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
i remember a co-worker i had at powell back in '05. that kid landed his first heelside backroll his FIFTH DAY OUT!!! Now that is freaking amazing! and he was riding behind li'l 18 footer boston whalers too.
... but the funny thing was, he could hardly do a grab without completely losing his balance at the time. He had a really aggressive style and would pull and cut harder than i have ever seen anyone do... maybe more like shapiro or something

soo... after seeing that, it definitely convinces me that there is more than just water time.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
fatsac nailed it. i know people that get half the water time i do, with less equipment then i do it with, and they can stomp me everyday of the week. Water time is definitely not the only factor!
Old     (bobert)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
People are always going to be aiming for you when you're on top. It really shows who's strongest by who can stay on top through all the mud racking.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
Spot on Robert. Seen anybody that has taken more stick than Phillip?? And look how he answers. Good for him.