Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    anim8or            11-05-2004, 12:04 AM Reply   
Earlier this year we upgraded from our beginner Nash board to a 03 Hyperlite Belmont 141....I got it because it was an unbelieveable deal....$30 for a brand new board which was still in the shipping material and even signed by Shaun Murray.

I work for a subsidiary of Activision, who published Wakeboarding Unleashed. I was surprised to find the board at a company yardsale...I guess they had a few leftover from promotional purposes or something. $30 for a $350 board is crazy, and we were in the market for a new wakeboard that exact weekend so I certainly didn't bother asking questions. (To be honest I probably shoulda been a jerk and bought all 6 they were selling. Ebay!)

Anyways, based on the board page's size calculator I believe I should be using a 136 since I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 145lbs. Does it matter much that this board is a little too big for me? I can do 3-4 feet w2w jumps, hs and ts jump 180s, and have been trying backrolls a little lately. At my skill level is it necessary or very helpful to switch to a board thats 5cm smaller?
Old    lunaraven            11-05-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
March into the bosses office and tell him your not leaving until he agrees to make a sequel.
Your 6 feet tall, its a good board for you, just head down to Denny's after the boss agrees to the sequel and chow down until you gain 20lbs.
I'll give you 60 for the board if you dont want it...
Old    anim8or            11-05-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
Sadly I don't work at that particular branch....Shaba made that game. I worked on True Crime and Shrek 2.
And thanks for the offer, but i think i'll keep the board. Think it matters much that its too big though?
Old    lunaraven            11-05-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
I use a 140 Premier and a 134 Motive and I'm 4" shorter than you but 15 lbs heavier. I prefer the Premier.
Too bad about no sequel.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-05-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
I'm 140 lbs and 5'9" and I ride a 142. go figure.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-05-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
im 6'1", 215 and I ride a 138 and love it. Mike
If it feels good and comfortable then go with it.