Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (houstonwatersports)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Houston Watersports Complex Cable Park is now open to the public daily.
Tuesday-Friday 9am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm
$20 for a 1 hour pass

check out the obstacles here:
http://www.nautiqueway.com/obstacles.html
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-06-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Pretty cool. Like the obstacles. But I don't consider a one person cable a "cable park".
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-06-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
Might be interested in swinging by on the Shred Ready TX Tour cause we've gotta pick somebody up in Houston.

Any plans for new rails in the near future?
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-06-2011, 5:19 PM Reply   
why not just head to Wake Nation Houston?
Old     (skatethewake)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-06-2011, 5:36 PM Reply   
cause its not open yet.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-07-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
^ Tru. We are talking to them and it might happen but is a no go right now I believe.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-07-2011, 7:26 AM Reply   
I've hit this place twice and it is a great set-up.

It is 2-way system, but it has the stiffest pull I have ridden. It is great for air-tricks.
Old     (houstonwatersports)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-07-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
I guess you can call our 2 tower systems we have on the lake whatever you want, "cable park" "rail park" "big metal thing with those guys hanging from it on those funny looking boards" any way you split it it is a blast. We also have a 22 acre private boat lake to ride so the cable isn't the only reason to come out. And i promise once you ride the 2 tower cable systems you will look at the time you spend walking/waiting on the full systems a littel bit differently.

ALWake,com
We would love to have you guys stop by give me a call (derrick 713-920-2157) the more action we can get out here the better, we are looking into a fun box, and a flat rail for the second system, ideally we want to have a few different obstacles and be able to ****ch up the lay out and change things up. The only permenant structure as of now is the 88' a-rail.

As Thad said Wake Nation Houston isn't open yet and will be approx. 15 min south of us and we are very excited to have them start up so that we have some more places to go ride cable. anybody planning on visiting us shoud definetly stop by Wake Nation and vice versa.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-07-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
Got ur number Derrick. We'll give you a buzz soon. We will be in Houston on May 8th and 9th so we will definitely stop by for at least a set!
Old     (wakeskierbrad)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-07-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Heard WakeNation Houston is putting up towers today! They could be running be beginning of May. May not be open/open, but you never know. Give them a lookup and let them know whats going down!
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-07-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
I wish i lived in Huston and had 3 options (boat, 2 cables) to choose from within 15 mins of eachother! Looks sick guys nice set up.

If im ever in the area i will def stop by
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
how close are these to the Woodlands area? going to be out there for a few days at the end of the month.
Old     (wakenation)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-07-2011, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hey guys, Wake Nation Houston will be open the 1st week of May. We are looking forward to checking out Houston Watersports Complex this summer. The more cables the better!
Old     (houstonwatersports)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-07-2011, 5:52 PM Reply   
We are about 30-45 from the woodlands...take 45 south and then highway 288 out of downtown. We are just south of the belt way and wakenation is just south of highway 6.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2011, 5:55 PM Reply   
thanks. may head by for a quick set.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-07-2011, 10:05 PM Reply   
I rode at HWC back in February and its a great setup! I think it needs to be made more clear they have two, 2-tower systems side by side on that lake. They have an ERC (Endless Ride Cable) and a 2.0 side by side. So you can basically have two people riding at the same time, one on each cable, plus the boat lake on the other side. I'm definately gonna be there a lot it's great to go ride for an hour when you dont have riders/drivers on certain days.