Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-03-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey you guys. My brother and I are selling our Moomba as a price dump. We've just bought our first new homes and are looking at older (really old) Nautiques as the replacement to feed our addiction.

We've narrowed it down to a 2001 (we all know the wake - legendary), and a beautiful '78 Nauti. The boat is basically brand new - everything is mint/replaced, and we know the owners for the past 10 or so years. We need your opinion. How are the wakes in these really old school Nautiques compared to the 2001's. Are they even comparable? Does anyone have any wake pics?

(Message edited by greenpinky on February 03, 2006)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
I have wake pics of a 76 but I should probably email them to you, I can't figure out how to resize them. There is a considerable difference between it and a 2001 in my opinion. Both are narrow hulls and narrow wakes, and both have a nice shape and are steep and abrupt. The 76 wake is too narrow in my opinion and its smaller unweighted (we have never weighted this boat). The 2001 wake is much better, the right width and is bigger unweighted, and they are really nice with some weight. I would think since you are coming from a boat that was probably alot wider, you are used to a wider wake also. Let me know if you want some pics emailed.

(Message edited by srh00z on February 03, 2006)
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-03-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
Thanks very much, Stephen. I would love to see those pics. callaghanm@hotmail.com">ocallaghanm@hotmail.com

Really appreciate this.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-03-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
The V in the middle of the hull in the 2001 helps to keep the wake clean, plus as others have said it's much bigger than the older hulls.