Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (theboy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-11-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Been looking around at lake houses and at different lakes and came up on possum kingdom and was wondering what should i know about it who has been there whats the water like on a Saturday extra....
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-11-2014, 10:12 AM Reply   
Been there several times. Water is low there right now, and just about every summer but still useable. Most houses in the lake have a significant drop requiring stairs and in most cases some elevator type lift to get to them. That being said you will be hard pressed to find a prettier lake in Texas. Are you just looking in the North Texas area?
Old     (JMoore15)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-11-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have a place at PK and love it. The lake is down but still really deep (especially for a TX lake). Sat,as w most lakes, can be busy but very doable. Pretty much any day but Sat and it is very light on traffic. If you want to pm me I can pass along a good contact for you help in your search.
Old     (Austinb23)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-11-2014, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreek216V View Post
Been there several times. Water is low there right now, and just about every summer but still useable. Most houses in the lake have a significant drop requiring stairs and in most cases some elevator type lift to get to them. That being said you will be hard pressed to find a prettier lake in Texas. Are you just looking in the North Texas area?
just kinda looking around not sure where yet we just looking around and i really like canyon but the down fall there is you can't press a button and have the boat in the water and really like from what i have seen about PK
Old     (Austinb23)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-11-2014, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoore15 View Post
I have a place at PK and love it. The lake is down but still really deep (especially for a TX lake). Sat,as w most lakes, can be busy but very doable. Pretty much any day but Sat and it is very light on traffic. If you want to pm me I can pass along a good contact for you help in your search.
thank you i probably will soon and if i can get a weekend just right before it get too cold haha to take a trip up there just a 5 hour drive
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-11-2014, 6:50 PM Reply   
Not a real popular lake, but Palestine stays full and has very nice houses and boat houses on it. Many boathouses there have an enclosed and conditioned space which is great. You also have the added benefit of a decent size city in Tyler about 15 minutes away for nice dinners and so on. Lake is much smaller than PK, but not a lot of traffic.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-11-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
I'm sure you gather from my screen name, we have had a place at Cedar Creek for almost 5 years and just bought another one this month. Busy lake but can be nice at times.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-12-2014, 12:04 AM Reply   
Possum Kingdom??? Who thought up that name? Why not big nasty old rat lake?
Old     (Ronskal1)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-12-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Weird name, great lake.
They left off the O so that makes it OK
We hope to buy a place there someday. Goggle Possum Kingdom real estate and search away.
My concern is this is the first time in 10 years of going there the lake has gotten low (down 15 feet)
and has not recovered. The Brazos river which feeds PK is being taxed by users and some have said it may never fully recover.
We go during the week once or twice a year and almost feels like we have this 500,000 acre feet lake to ourselves.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-12-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I am guessing you have never heard of the Toadies?
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-12-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronskal1 View Post
Weird name, great lake.
They left off the O so that makes it OK
We hope to buy a place there someday. Goggle Possum Kingdom real estate and search away.
My concern is this is the first time in 10 years of going there the lake has gotten low (down 15 feet)
and has not recovered. The Brazos river which feeds PK is being taxed by users and some have said it may never fully recover.
We go during the week once or twice a year and almost feels like we have this 500,000 acre feet lake to ourselves.
The surface area of PK is only 15,500 acres. The 500,000 acre feet is in reference to it's water supply surface area. So it's not that bid of a lake at all, just a very beautiful one.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-13-2014, 12:37 AM Reply   
Toadies??? Another winner. I'm sure they're both nice. What's in a name?
Old     (Janrosandich)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-13-2014, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreek216V View Post
Hello!
My name is Jan Rosandich and I am a Realtor in the Possum Kingdom Lake area! Please contact me if you'd like to see what's available jan@ponderapk.com or 940-745-1411
Thanks!