Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (moetank)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Hey guys longtime lurker first post.
I purchased my first DD this last spring and rented a place on the lake have been ridding every chance i can get. Its a 95 bluewater pro-am skier open bow and tower it troughs a decent wake but handles even slight chop terrible i feel like its going to snap in half if i run it hard in 6" chop. I have been looking to upgrade to a more wake specific v drive that's a little more solid but can only afford around 20k. This went on CL today and I am trying to go see it tomorrow just wanted some input.
Thanks
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/boa/1910088397.html
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
Great boat, ok price. It has low hours and looks pretty nice. I think it might be priced a little high for the very end of the season.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-20-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
I paid a little less for a 96 with way more hours and needed a lot more tlc.. But that was in the beginning of the season...
Old     (moetank)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys it sounds like if I keep shopping throughout the fall I may find a better buy.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
maybe but if you liike that boat then offer him 17 or 17.5. If he takes it awesome, if he doesn't big deal. The simple fact is that the boat has one of the 3 most sought after hulls in wakeboarding. That hull can make a very hard, large and steep wake with relatively small amounts of ballast. It is one of the more efficient wakeboats that have ever been produced. It is also a very well built boat. It looks like you are up in Bellingham. If you are check portland's craigslist. There is at least one Sanger V210 which is another well built, efficient, great wake producing boat. I think the one down there is a 2001 or something like that and it is priced around 20k. I will see if I can find the links.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
offer him 17k cash.. He will most probably go far 18k but try 17. All he can do is say no
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2010, 6:21 PM Reply   
Seattle V210
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/1904500400.html

portland V210. This is a pretty decent price as well. The interior on these boats were nicer in 04 than 02.
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/1899246190.html
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
That 02 in seattle is loaded. It looks like it has full plumbed in ballast, perfect pass, lots of board racks, my favorite color scheme and a big stereo. The only things that are not my favorite are that it has the 315hp motor so it has more of a hump on the sundeck and the interior doesn't have the cushions all the way around. That and it has higher hours than the others but 600 isn't really that much if the boat has been well taken care of. Sanger v210's are also great rough water riding boats.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-20-2010, 10:41 PM Reply   
Not sure what it's worth but I looked at one here in Louisiana that was identical (Same colors, same tower, semi auto ballast, bumpin' system, etc) to that boat accept with something like 900 hrs and a decent, useable interior (not perfect) and the dude was ready to take $11,000 for it. I passed to get another boat but I would have bought the Nautique if my MasterCraft hadn't become available

EDIT: The boat I looked at had a single axle trailer
Old     (moetank)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 11:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the links and all the great info. Apparently It's at a dealership on consignment doesn't sound like there willing to move much. I do love the look nautiques but I'm also in no hurry. I'm going to check it out at-least.

Last edited by moetank; 08-20-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2010, 11:28 PM Reply   
I think I'd rather have the Nautique than the Sanger, considering the dealer... and the boat..
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-20-2010, 11:33 PM Reply   
I Agree with Bill