Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
Looking to do a trip this summer somewhere in the midwest; I've looked at Lake Cumberland and Dale Hollow, but I'm wondering is there anywhere on lakes like these (or other lakes) that rents wakeboarding boats? I don't care if I stay in a resort or on a houseboat, the main thing is being able to rent something that would be good to ride behind. If anybody has any suggestions that are in the midwest (roughly a 7 hour driving time radius around Chicago) then please let me know. Thanks.
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-29-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
I rent 2008 Sanger Wakeboard boats on Norris Lake; MapQuest said that it is 8 hours from Chicago. I rent out of three marinas, so I can get you a place to stay at the resort or houseboat. I am sure that there are many people on this website that can back me up when I say that you will not be disappointed riding behind either the V210 or V215 that I rent.
I also rent watersports accessories, and I can charter or give lessons.

For more info go to http://www.norriswakeboardsandinboards.com/

And any questions feel free to email me at doug@norriswakeboardsandinboards.com

Also I lived on Norris for 19 years and have had a proshop on that lake for the past two, I have been on both Dale Hollow and Cumberland, and though they are nice lakes, Norris has so much more to offer wakeboarders.
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Norris has a great wakeboarding scene in my opinion. I went to school in Knoxville (graduated Dec. 2006) and wakeboarded with friends up there a couple of times. Great Lake with a fun atmosphere.
Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Doug, do you know where the nearest airport is to Norris Lake? Not sure if I'll have the time to commit to an 8 hour drive.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-29-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
Check into Northern Bay Resort -- its central wisconsin, they had a ski/wake school there last summer, odds are again this summer, could rent the boat daily for less w/o instruction, still needed their employee to drive for insurance reasons... and my place is like 20 min from there and we ride a ton in the summer
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-29-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
http://www.tys.org/ that is the nearest and it is only about a 45 minute drive
If you are flying your own plane I have a buddy that is going to start flying his down and I am going to pick him up on Norris by boat at http://www.deerfieldresort.com/.

If you are flying I can pick you up at the airport and drive you to the lake and take you back if you want. The marinas that I have listed serve breakfast lunch and dinner, and have small stores in them. So unless you wanted to go to the Great smoky mountain national park or something, you could stay on the lake and just take your rental boat around to the other marinas to eat and shop and I could take you back to the airport when you were ready.

(Message edited by dwakesetter on January 29, 2008)

(Message edited by dwakesetter on January 29, 2008)
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-31-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Just wanted to let you know that my website is still in progress, but with what we put up today it might help answer some of your questions.
http://www.norriswakeboardsandinboards.com/