Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I ALWAYS underrotate these. Catching my nose isnt fun and im losing momentum
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-02-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
When that happens to me I have thrown too early, or saying it another way, did not ride up thru the wake with a progressive edge.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I do that sometimes if I dont get a good pop off the wake, which is a result of what dave said. I throw the trick too early. I see people who get less air but a faster rotation, but i like the smoother, higher air, slower rotation.
Old     (krkx93)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-08-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
i do that to i still havnt landed it
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-13-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Underrotating can also be handle location. Make sure to pin the handle to your waist. This will speed your rotation which can help if you aren't getting a lot of height.

Also, a coach in Orlando told me to think of the this trick as a 3-speed transmission. 1st gear is beginning to drift back to wake, 2nd is to progressive with a harder edge, and 3rd gear is to pour on the speed. You should be in 3rd gear at the trough of wake.

If you do this, you will not underrotate. You have to go for it and stay on that edge. With enough rotation and speed you can do this w/ your eyes closed!