Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old    kc700            03-15-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Now im sure most of you have seen your share of wake films....so with that in mind; what would you like to see more or less of. (angles, spots, styles, tricks, riders) Lets hear it.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-15-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
Bikinis
Old    walt            03-15-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
It would be nice to see the Vandal and Lyman in the same flick and shot wide enough to have some perspective of how BIG they go.

IMO it's always nice to see new talent too.

I'd like to see less tight shots where the rider is flying out of the frame or his head is chopped off because it's framed to tight.
Old    murrayair            03-15-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
I've been pretty happy with most of the wake films that have come out in the last 2 years or so. Most of them have good editing, music, angles, etc. I really like the stuff Ron Seidenglanz did with the high speed camera in Relentless. I also enjoy watching the behind the scenes footage and footage of the guys off the water. Sections shot at Lake Shasta will always get on my good list, but that's just me.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-15-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
I'd like to see more continues, fluid filming. Not the constant, rapid, flip, flip, flip of scenes. A lot of times, wake films look like an hour long high speed commercial. Let the rider express themselves during their set, even if every move isn't the ultimate shot.

JMO
Old    kc700            03-15-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
relentless was justin at lF films, ronns last film was such is life, both were great though.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
More unknown riders; it seems like the entire industry is based off a group of riders. Lets see more of the less competitive riders. I really enjoyed DS-2 and Snafu, Silly etc. becuase they are different riders. Maybe get away from the team films and more towards a general film. I would also like to see a few super slowmo shots of Keith and Randy like those used in The Truth; and second what Walt said about shooting those two wide (although Lyman wasnt going his usually huge self in The Truth, or the camera angles were'nt right)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Hey Kyle, after The Truth I'm into slo-mo. I also like life style stuff with the riders comments.
Old    kc700            03-15-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
"hijack" hey randy, gimme a shout when you have some time, id like to chat with you about some travel plans. "end hijacK"
Old    walt            03-15-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
As cool as the slo-mo is I think it would'nt be hard to go overboard with it.

I also like the laid back rider interviews like DPC did in The Chick Flick. You get a good idea of what the rider is about on and off the water.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-15-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
i would like to see them be a lil bit longer
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-15-2007, 11:19 PM Reply   
I love the interviews and extras section of vids. Maybe its just me but watching all of the the bonus sections gives me a better feel of what the riders are really like. I think that is sick. All of the major players in the industry have such cool personalities. I.E. I would watch almost any outake of Aaron Reed.
I guess I am just a sucker for lifestyle parts.

Walt, I agree that the slowmo and super-slowmo can easily get over done. Cool aspect, but I dont want to watch a vid of just that.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-15-2007, 11:42 PM Reply   
Sometimes I like to put my old video back in the player and go old school. For me the new videos have too much rail slide tricks. I like big air wake to wake stuff. Wakeskating to me gets boring as well. same butter pops to 180 on the wake. I usually fast forward that part.

I like the slo-mo as long as it isn't the whole time and only on real sick tricks. More fast amping music helps, not so much rap that is to mellow.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-16-2007, 3:06 AM Reply   
Im absolutely agreed with Matt Winans. More unknown riders and beautifull places...
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'd like to see "The Chick Flick Part Duex"....wide angle footage of Lyman, Rusty, Harf, Sharpe, Watson...longer vids....lifestyle footage, like "First Hand" segments, because we all know they can ride, but what do they do off the water? Their lifestyles are very attractive to most of us!

And my BIGGEST request...SOUND TRACKS!!! I've NEVER heard bad music in a vid...maybe some not as good as others, but to have a bonus CD in a vid with all the music would be incredible. Right now I'd love to have all the music for any Pointless vid, BFY, and The Chick Flick.....GREAT tunes, and would rock the lake all day on my boat!!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
i want:

70% long, un-edited sections behind the boat, (no complex shots that make me marvel at editing rather than riding)

20% rail riding

10% wake-skating

put the girls right in the mix.
minimal lifestyle thrown in, just to intro or exit a section, nothing protracted.
not in florida.

make it simple. have the riding speak for itself.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-16-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
i would like to see a part where a rider explains a new trick he has been working on and attempts of him doing it and failing. Then talking about with the other pros about what he is doing wrong and then making the adjustments and sticking it. Nothing like seeing someone land a new trick so why not in wake videos to.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-17-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
I'd like to see a complete SET uncut, from jumping in the water to getting back in the boat, of just about any pro like murray or lyman. just to see what a normal set is to them.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-17-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I agree with foxrep. They should put a soundtrack with all the tunes from the vidon there. Some of my snowboarding vids had that...not great music but it was a great idea!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-17-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Delta Sessions I had an optional soundtrack CD you could purchase as a bundle and DS II came with the soundtrack CD as part of the deal so that feature has been a reality for a while now.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-17-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Ya, chalk another one up for uncut sessions.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-17-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
I like to see panoramic views & also aerial views.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-17-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Kyle, I'm in Orlando for a week, well hook up when I get back and makes some plans. "hijack" sorry.
Old    kc700            03-17-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
No worries randy, no rush.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-17-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
I am really into watching complete sets, watching the riders ability to make it look effortless, linking move after move.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-17-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
A wake video as creative as The Search for Animal Chin was to skateboarding.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-17-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
complete set sounds really intriguing.

unlike many people here, I have no interest whatsoever in lifestyle stuff
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-17-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
How about the tricks in their entirety, from initial setup to completion so inexperienced people can possibly learn from them a bit better.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-18-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
I have always wanted to see some trouble shooting on new moves. Rarely has I seen any one learn a move in one try, unless your Colin Ryan, that punk learned Batwing to Blind, then batwing to blind 3 without falling, he did the 180, then the 3 right in a row. Anyway, for most of us, it takes million trys to get someting dialed. I have a skate video that shows Dewon Song try this insane kick filp, nose grind, thing over and over and over again, slam after slam on the concrete. Its in the bonus section be you really get to understand how much determination it takes to learn something new.