Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-20-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
So lets put this in perspective. The average ceiling is 8 feet. Look up..thats pretty high. So thats where you were saying the BOTTOM of your board was off the water.

Now how many of you could jump that high when you were at the point where you were doing a 180 and a few grabs. If you jumped that high at that skill could you have landed it? Thats huge. Really is. Someone post up a picture of them 7-9 feet in the air!! James I was really on your side, but like many have already done i think I need to put my boots on....getting deep in here.

Just say you want the G and that you want your buddies to know you have a G. We were all 14 once, we all wanted to be cool. Its about status, because it's sure not about the wake!!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-20-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Thought the same thing. For the skill level young james is at all this is unneeded. There isn't a V drive out there that isn't suitable and pretty much over kill. My kids started riding last summer and really progressed, grabs, 180's and that stuff. I think they really progressed well for 10 and 11. Do I need to be looking for a G23 or a X? Maybe I sold them short with the new RZR???

If your buying for want and status you don't really need to demo. They all have elite wakes or they wouldn't be there. So you don't really need to demo since your clearly buying for want and status. IMO
Not at all are we buying for want or status. We just want a good quality boat that has room to grow. I haven't gotten the opportunity to ride behind or even in a X. It really doesn't matter about my skill level I just want a boat that I can grow into as I get better. With a wake like G's wake and or the Stars wake it just leaves room to get better and progress in the sport.

Last edited by JamesHawk101; 11-20-2012 at 4:14 PM. Reason: Fixed something
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2012, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Someone post up a picture of them 7-9 feet in the air!! James I was really on your side, but like many have already done i think I need to put my boots on....getting deep in here.
This must be in that region I guess. (I am 6ft tall for reference) I can only do 180's, grabs and the occasional 3. I would love to have a crack at boosting off the G wake.
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-20-2012, 4:57 PM Reply   
James there isn't a V drive made that you won't be able to progress and grow on for years to come. Quality I can see, but your trying to judge wakes like your a pro or a seasoned wake snob. Again any new V drive on the market is going to give you room to grow..lots of room. Maybe a pro needs a G or an X star to go to that "next" level, but 99.9% of us will never get to the level they are at more less be going to the next!! But hey maybe you are the .1%, so maybe when you get there you can convince your dad you need him to spend 125K of his hard earned cash. Or maybe your college fund is just burning a hole in your board shorts. Either way its WANT. You have a long ways to go before your going to be progressing or growing into a G23 wake, as a need.

Thanks Darren. Thats gotta be up there!! Nice!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-20-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
James there isn't a V drive made that you won't be able to progress and grow on for years to come. Quality I can see, but your trying to judge wakes like your a pro or a seasoned wake snob. Again any new V drive on the market is going to give you room to grow..lots of room. Maybe a pro needs a G or an X star to go to that "next" level, but 99.9% of us will never get to the level they are at more less be going to the next!! But hey maybe you are the .1%, so maybe when you get there you can convince your dad you need him to spend 125K of his hard earned cash. Or maybe your college fund is just burning a hole in your board shorts. Either way its WANT. You have a long ways to go before your going to be progressing or growing into a G23 wake, as a need.

Thanks Darren. Thats gotta be up there!! Nice!
I know any V drive would help me progress in the sport, but why start small? Wake size doesn't matter as much as you guys think, yah I have kinda said that all I care about is the size of the wake but I just want a quality boat that throws a nice wake that is also functional and looks sweet.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-20-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
I know any V drive would help me progress in the sport, but why start small? Wake size doesn't matter as much as you guys think, yah I have kinda said that all I care about is the size of the wake but I just want a quality boat that throws a nice wake that is also functional and looks sweet.
Oh man, this thread is about to go Lon style...
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-20-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
I don't understand why this thread is still going. I haven't even seen a single submerged boat, or someone expressing there sci LON tology
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-20-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
James,

Let this thread die, its run its course and is no longer serving a useful purpose for you as the originator. Go demo any and all V-drive tow boats that peak your interest and buy the one that you like the best.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-20-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
James,

Let this thread die, its run its course and is no longer serving a useful purpose for you as the originator. Go demo any and all V-drive tow boats that peak your interest and buy the one that you like the best.
I am defiantly thinking the same. I'll post a pic when I get a boat, Bye now.
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-20-2012, 9:23 PM Reply   
James your old man have any independent thoughts of his own or does he let his kid call the shots?
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-20-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ha ha this is a little more Ryan Xstar in my opinion.....just a little barb w and you're good to go
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-21-2012, 4:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Ha ha this is a little more Ryan Xstar in my opinion.....just a little barb w and you're good to go
What would it be these days? Maybe some sort of hipster graphics on a G? Or some 8' Grab graphics? Where's Chatt?
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-21-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
James you guys gonna take a new XStar out for a drive?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
This went LON style on the first post when we all started giving advice to a 14 year old kid who couldn't afford to buy the radio controlled version of these boats. Just about everything he's said reeks of BS. Honestly if I was buying a boat for my kid I'd be doing the research, he might get 1% vote on any real part when you start talking 50K+ boats(I'm including all new wakeboats here including the price points), I don't think what a kid who is still trying to figure out how to talk to girls would be a good reference point

yes this 14 year old is going to take his 9ft airs of the G 23 where he struggled to clear the wake on an x-30...., and buy a 130k dollar boat.....
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-21-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSez View Post
James you guys gonna take a new XStar out for a drive?
now we have Jame's trolling counterpart
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-21-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
now we have Jame's trolling counterpart
The whole thing BS, I could smell it from his first post.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-21-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Maybe they are just REALLY wealthy and a 150k purcahse is no big deal. The can afford to just buy the one they like best. I would use some of that money to go to a camp is I was James.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Maybe they are just REALLY wealthy and a 150k purcahse is no big deal. The can afford to just buy the one they like best. I would use some of that money to go to a camp is I was James.
That's why they had a seas ray prior. I don't know many smart business men that let their 14 year olds select 100K+ items....
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-21-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
The Boarding School has their 2013 Xstar now to ride behind...its pretty close by.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-21-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
The Boarding School has their 2013 Xstar now to ride behind...its pretty close by.
Seems like a wise investment to spend some time at The Boarding School.

They should be able to help him transfer some of his cable inverts to behind the boat.

I would also imagine they could help his grabs and Mastercraft wake technique.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-21-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
Yah no way are we just getting free pulls. It has come down to Nautique or Mastercraft for a boat to get. We are getting a wake boat in the coming months but which one is unknown. We might have plans to ride a 2013 X-Star sometime soon and to actually go out and demo a boat fully, the demo we did was at OWC so me or my dad couldn't drive the boat or try out the wakesurf wake. Sometime in December we are riding at JD's house behind his boat I think.
you flip flop more than a politician

i thought you said pickleforks dunk the bow
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-21-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
You guys are missing one of his few other threads he's participated in. He usually rides behind a 15hp outboard! Sounds like the setup they ran in those 1930's waterski videos from the worlds fair I saw a while back.
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-21-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
He's stated earlier that the G was too much money, they drive an old Sea Ray and complain about maintenance costs. I don't think they are rich. And as mentioned, anyone with enough business sense to accrue the money to be able to drop 125K on a boat hasn't got there but letting his kid go on a wake forum and ask what boat to buy.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-21-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSez View Post
He's stated earlier that the G was too much money, they drive an old Sea Ray and complain about maintenance costs. I don't think they are rich. And as mentioned, anyone with enough business sense to accrue the money to be able to drop 125K on a boat hasn't got there but letting his kid go on a wake forum and ask what boat to buy.
G is the high end of the cost we are looking into. The Sea Ray isn't that old and it cost $130k new, maintenance cost are a annoyance to anyone you should now this. Also be no means are we super rich but we are well off, and can afford new boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmods View Post
You guys are missing one of his few other threads he's participated in. He usually rides behind a 15hp outboard! Sounds like the setup they ran in those 1930's waterski videos from the worlds fair I saw a while back.
Usually rides behind a 15hp? The sea ray has a Mercruiser 496hp. That was behind a rental john boat half way across the country from where I live.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-21-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Food for thought.... Less time on WW more time demo'ing boats that you might actually be interested in
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-28-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey james...your closest CC dealer is bringing a G23 Coastal Edition out this weekend for demos at the St Pete Boat show. Just throwin that out there
Old     (JPCoderre)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-14-2014, 7:02 AM Reply   
Sorry boys and girls but the riders have spoken:

Wakeboard and Wakesurf 2014 boat of the year!!! Nautique all the way!!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...s.html?page=17

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...s.html?page=18
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-14-2014, 7:42 AM Reply   
I rode behind a G23 on Sunday. It was freak'n awesome. I was intimidated by the wake at first. But after a few jumps I found that the boost was extremely controllable. The closest thing to hitting a Unit XL Kicker of any boat I've been behind. I could easily step up my level of wakeboarding if I had a boat like the G23 to ride on a regular basis. Unfortunately the guy who owned the G23 is a wakesurfer and doesn't wakeboard. But I'm going to see if I can get a pull every now and then.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-15-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
Can do fs 180 = yes. Yes = need G23.

It's math.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-15-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Front side. Back side. Side to side=g23