Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
My 2010 LF Watson Binding looks different from their website!?

The different part is that I still have the magnetic lace holder instead of the new improved lace clip to hold it? Why is this?

From LF website:
Attached Images

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-17-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
Well ain't that something..... I actually was digging the magneto's. You could call them and get the little clips easy enough. That is interesting though! Could be a 1-off!
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
The thing is its not only mine the whole LF store here in HK have the same thing. 2010 Watson and Shane in all sizes have this magnetic pockets... the rest of the lines are fine thou....

I hate this magnetic thing, the laces falls out after a big landing....other than that these bindings are such a big improvement over my 2008 Shane CT
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2010, 1:10 AM Reply   
temporarily you could try looping the excess through the gorilla grip in the back or you could put the ends inside the boot between the liner and the shell
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
I got lace clips on my old Alphas. Not a big deal. Magnetos look cooler IMHO. And you can always go buy some clips in an zipper/button store... Or make some custom velcro lace clips, that would be nice - remove the magnet and put a velcro patch over, then stitch the other half as a circle/sqare to the lace ends. You can even buy pink or electric velcro and put a custom logo over the external side...
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
my 10 watsons have the magnetic lace holder thing, maybe they did updates mid year...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
why are you asking wakeworld and not liquid force?
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
Joe's right, we should just close the forums down...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgate View Post
Joe's right, we should just close the forums down...
pretty dramatic of your there. me suggesting they ask liquid force, the maker of the bindings in question, is the same as suggesting shutting down the forums, right?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2010, 11:43 PM Reply   
Joe no offense man, but you seem to be a huge downer on every thread you are a part of. I haven't seen a positive or helpful post from you for a long time. I know you've been around for a while or whatever, but stop acting like everyone that asks a question on here is an idiot. It's getting old.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2010, 11:55 PM Reply   
no offense, but tell people to stop posting stupid shiat! (my post is cool as long as i preface it w/ "no offense" right?)

ok, settle down. i'm just messin'. but does it make any sense to post it in here instead of contacting the manufacturer directly?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 12:28 AM Reply   
Honestly, kind of. People on these threads know a lot. Maybe liquid force came out with the new laces mid season, or maybe a lot of other people have run into this and know how to take care of it. Sometimes it's better dealing with consumers and not getting fed a bunch of BS from manufacturers. Whenever I'm having an issue with my boat or equipment you think it will be quicker for me to send an email to Correct Craft hoping they will send me an email right back and walk me through whatever problem I having? Doubt it. Most of the time I run my questions or concerns through wakeworld cuz it's a great place to get straight information. If no one can help me, no problem I will contact the manufacturer. 99% of the time the people on here offer good advice and answer whatever question comes up about... whatever really.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-19-2010, 12:33 AM Reply   
In Joe's defense, this is kind of a ridiculous question. If you really don't like the magneto whatevers then head into your local shop and see if they can order you some of the clips. They're not hard to swap out. Or just be a problem solver and figure out a way to wrap them up inside of the lacing of the boot so that they don't flail around. This really isn't rocket science.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
pretty dramatic of your there. me suggesting they ask liquid force, the maker of the bindings in question, is the same as suggesting shutting down the forums, right?
It's sarcasm to your attitude on the post..., I agree with Bryce, there is a ton of info on the forums... If I was in the market for 2010 watsons and came across this thread, and saw that there might be 2 runs of the boots out there, it might be swayed to get the one I prefer the most... If he never posted, I would not have known they changed up the lace system, Now I know I have an option, and if I wanted clips I can go to LF and get them...
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-19-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
why are you asking wakeworld and not liquid force?
I have contacted the local LF dealer, contacted LF myself, and I have posted here to see if other forum members have experienced this? As simple as that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
Honestly, kind of. People on these threads know a lot. Maybe liquid force came out with the new laces mid season, or maybe a lot of other people have run into this and know how to take care of it. Sometimes it's better dealing with consumers and not getting fed a bunch of BS from manufacturers. Whenever I'm having an issue with my boat or equipment you think it will be quicker for me to send an email to Correct Craft hoping they will send me an email right back and walk me through whatever problem I having? Doubt it. Most of the time I run my questions or concerns through wakeworld cuz it's a great place to get straight information. If no one can help me, no problem I will contact the manufacturer. 99% of the time the people on here offer good advice and answer whatever question comes up about... whatever really.
^ Exactly, thanks...
Old    usfhookup            05-19-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
joe no offense man, but you seem to be a huge downer on every thread you are a part of. I haven't seen a positive or helpful post from you for a long time. I know you've been around for a while or whatever, but stop acting like everyone that asks a question on here is an idiot. It's getting old.
agreed!!!!!
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-21-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
They all have magneto's, the pics on LF's site are pre-production. A lot of products are like that, an early sample version is produced for surf expo, and those are the first anyone sees of them. And yes, you could go get the teacup lace ends from a shop and just tie them on and forget about the magneto's.

Last edited by luke_j; 05-21-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-24-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_j View Post
They all have magneto's, the pics on LF's site are pre-production. A lot of products are like that, an early sample version is produced for surf expo, and those are the first anyone sees of them. And yes, you could go get the teacup lace ends from a shop and just tie them on and forget about the magneto's.
hmmm thats interesting to know! At least I didnt get a fake or something
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-24-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
no offense, but tell people to stop posting stupid shiat! (my post is cool as long as i preface it w/ "no offense" right?)

ok, settle down. i'm just messin'. but does it make any sense to post it in here instead of contacting the manufacturer directly?
I am a member of Team Umali!!

Joe is that Shiat, lay off him, he knows his stuff! He had a great point!