Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-25-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
Hey folks,
Anybody out there know about the Harris chain of lakes in Florida? Are any lakes better for wakeboarding than others? Any Lakes to stay out of all together?Any info is helpful.
Thanks!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       03-25-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
Hope your house search is going well!!!
From what I have heard from everyone is there are ALOT of gators on that chain. Of course every lake here has gators, but I have heard there are a little more than you would want to have while floating in the water.
Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-26-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hey Travis,
I figured you would know. It seems like the lake homes are a little less expensive up there, and that is probably part of the reason. Looked at a bunch on and around the Clermont chain, and the water level is really low as you said.
Hey, went back to the shop on Friday and you were off. I was headed out to OWC for an afternoon of cable and was hoping to run into you out there if you were not working, but did not see you. Maybe next time.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       03-26-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Glad your hunt seems to be going well!
That could be some of the reason, hopefully someone with more experience on that chain will chime in! And the water level here in Clermont sucks, but hopefully some rain will eventually fix that problem cause the chain here is awesome. Most lakes are still ridable, just cannot go lake to lake right now.

I had a few friends in town during last week so I was out of the shop for a few days running around, sorry I missed you! Let me know next time you come back around the Orlando area!
Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-26-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
Will do. Hey, check your messages, sent you a quick one!
Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-29-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
Anybody else out there with input on the Harris Chain? There are a lot of lakes there. One of them should be good for wakeboading without getting your toes nibbled on by excessive gators!!??
Old     (burn229)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-03-2012, 1:10 AM Reply   
My wife and I looked at a bunch of houses on the Harris and Clermont chains in October. Clermont is a little nicer area than Harris and is closer to the center of Orlando. That is the biggest reason why you see homes for a bit less out there. I don't think it has much to do with the gators. Booth chains have there fair share of gators I bet.

In terms of wakeboarding I'm going to assume the Clermont chain might be a bit better since they are smaller lakes and less susceptible to wind. Who knows I could be totally wrong. Were looking to move down to take advantage of the real estate market down there. We just have to sell our house in Denver which has all of a sudden become a sellers market overnight now!

Not sure if your set on Lake County or not but the St. Cloud chain of lakes was nice as well. I think thats where Shuan had his old school at. Prices seemed about the same as Clermont.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
I rented a house on Lake Butler just out of college for a couple years. It was awesome but it has become very expensive on the chain. One year the water was too low to get from lake to lake. It cut off the general public that came from the launch ramp and essentially it became a private lake for those with boats/houses on the water. Low water was my friend that year.