Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    eric_wilson            12-06-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
I can't decide which to get, I want to put them on a Parks 138. I have heard really good things about Ultra but I have heard the same about Exo. Any opinions and suggestions would be very helpful!!
Old    ontrider            12-06-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
Try both of them if you can.

I think the exos are probably a little easier to get into because of the laces, but some people love the exos, and others like the ultras. All you can do is try em out.
Old    veganx            12-06-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
Actually, I think the Ultras are easier to get in and out of. The Exos have very good ankle support, but crush my instep. For me Ultras > Exos. I doubt your feet are shaped exactly like mine (or anyone else's for that matter), so it's best to try both on.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-06-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
I have both.. I prefer the Exo's. They seem to provide more support but take a bit more time to get on and off. Last time out I tweeked my ankle bad... and was able to loosen up the binding enough to remove my foot without feeling the need to cut my way out. I'm not too sure I would have had such an easy time if I had the Ultras on...
Old    alanp            12-06-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
i have had a couple of pair of ultras and currently have exo's. the exos i dont like at all and am going to purchase new ultras. exo's are very stiff and very difficult to get out off(that the 2003 models could be difficult in 04). with that said if you need support go with the exos for comfort and rideabililty go with the ultras.
Old    alanp            12-06-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
i have had a couple of pair of ultras and currently have exo's. the exos i dont like at all and am going to purchase new ultras. exo's are very stiff and very difficult to get out off(that the 2003 models could be difficult in 04). with that said if you need support go with the exos for comfort and rideabililty go with the ultras.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       12-07-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
One thing that will help the comfort level on the 03 Exos is to set them up like the 04's. Take the overlay strap that wraps around the front of the ankle and attaches to the rear, and attach it to the next spot forward toward the toes. You'll have to tighten the strap down one hole. It will relieve pressure and make it easier to put on and take off. The really nice addition to the 04 Ultras and Exos is the new inner neoprene layer. Believe it or not, you can actually put these on without getting your foot or binding wet!

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    ontrider            12-07-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
Mike, good advice. Exactly what I did with mine cause they can be tough too get on depending on your feet!
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-08-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
i'm lloking at getting new bindings and was lookin at the exo's. are they going to differ from lasy years.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       12-08-2003, 10:11 AM Reply   
Yes, the 04's are different than the 03's. As I mentioned above, the 04 has a new neoprene/lycra liner which adds comfort and ease of entry and exit, and they've changed where they're attaching the overlay strap in front of the ankle. Also, there is a new glass composite plate vs. the old aluminum. The new plate is more rigid with aluminum inserts (no need for binding stiffeners), and is canted for a more natural position (nice for the knees). And, to top if off, there're less expensive for 04. We hope to have ours in stock around the 1st of the year. I'd hold off and get a pair of the 04's, if I was you.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-08-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
mike, how bout the transits then??
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       12-08-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
The Transits step it up a notch with several features. The most obvious difference is the new snowboard binding-style of plate attachment. Your stance angle is adjustable every 2 degrees, AND you can do it while your feet are in the bindings in the water. This is accomplished using the new cam-lock holddown screws. You just lift the lever, screw it loose just a bit, turn the binding wherever you want it, then tighten it back down. An added benefit to the new plate design is that the screws for the overlays screw sideways into the base of the plate instead of down. This allows the overlays to better conform to your foot, providing a more snug all-around fit. The footbed is ultra comfortable, with helium bladders built in under your heel and the ball of your foot for added cushion. The lace really allows you to tighten the binding down the way you want, and there are "heel kidneys" built in to the inside back of the binding to give added strength and support to the binding, as well as hold your heel locked in place. They also have the neoprene/lycra liner on the inside. All in all, I'm really pleased with the changes to the 04 Liquid Force binding lineup. Each rider has his or her own personal preferences in what they want/need in a binding, so for one person it's the Ultra, another the Exo, and another the Transit/Minx. If spending $80 more over the Exo isn't too hard on your wallet, I'd say it's probably worth it for all the extra features. If budget is a serious consideration, you definitely wouldn't be going wrong with the Exo Suction. We hope to have some Exo Suctions in stock sometime the last half of December, and the Transit around the 1st of the year.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    ontrider            12-08-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
Mike, is the neoprene liner you're talking about inside the boot which goes over the top of the foot?? Because I find the 03's kind of rub the top of your feet because of the ridge pattern on the inside of the boot. Other than that though they're extremely comfortable.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       12-08-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
Yes, the neoprene liner goes over the top of the foot. It actually is inside the whole binding. This will definitely help the comfort level.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com