Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2012, 4:41 AM Reply   
Well, I suppose since it's on Facebook, it's ok to post here.

This is the new tower option available for all Supra's in 2012. It comes as a package with 4 tower speakers, Bimini top an swing in board racks.

Obviously, the Roswell graphics aren't part of the package.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2012, 5:25 AM Reply   
I like it.
Is the tow point on current model towers being set further aft than in years past or is it me?I would think the CG of a V drive would further forward. Or does it even matter to the handling of the boat with a big guy cutting hard? i have a buddy that is pushing 300lbs and when he cuts out hard the boat comes with him...
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2012, 6:15 AM Reply   
Man I love that tower. But I really hope the Nautique crowd doesn't start crying like The Malibu one did when Skiers Choice used the discontinued original Illusion tower.

I like that tower as much as the current Nautique tower. Good on SC for using it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-02-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
Looks good!
Do you know if this tower sits higher or lower than the old tower?
Safe to assume it is a Roswell tower?
Will it have Roswell board racks and tower speakers?
Can you get it without the tower speakers?
Z5 option?
Is it replacing a tower or just another option?
Extra cost?
Anyone have better pics....
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-02-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
Is that Daves house on Lake Roy?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Tyler,
I'm not sure on the height difference. I haven't been in a boat with it yet. Yes it's a Roswell and it comes packaged with racks, Bimini and speakers (plus amp). I hope they're Titan racks, but I doubt it. I haven't heard anything about a z5 option for it, but I bet it's not far off.

The package is just north of $4500 msrp, which isn't bad considering the goodies that come with it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-02-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
NAW
If you talk to someone "in the know" let me know. The regular tower is about 3" from clearing my garage door with the tower up. Still undecided on a boat purchase as of right now, but would be curious in case I do go the Supra route.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-02-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
The racks will not be Titan due to Malibu owning the Titan name now.. They will be Menace/ Starone spinner racks with quick release.. Here are a couple pictures of the production of the racks..
Attached Images

Last edited by Riteride; 02-02-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: delete
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
Very nice Brett!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-02-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
Brett,
Will you guys be doing the racks and spinners on all supra towers or just the non-roswell towers? Would seem strange that Roswell would make the tower and then have your board racks and swivels on them right? Your swivels and board racks have been great over the last few years and hence why I am curious if your equipment is going on that tower too.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-02-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Brett,
Will you guys be doing the racks and spinners on all supra towers or just the non-roswell towers? Would seem strange that Roswell would make the tower and then have your board racks and swivels on them right? Your swivels and board racks have been great over the last few years and hence why I am curious if your equipment is going on that tower too.
We are building all the racks for the Supra's no matter who is building the tower. The only rack that Skiers Choice is using that we do not build is the fixed rack for the OZ tower on the Moomba's, but we are still building the mounting hardware for it.. We are also building spinner racks for the OZ tower as an option from the factory if the customer wants spinners not fixed..
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-02-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
WakeMag's Supra guide that was just posted has only the old tower. Will these be on the 2013 boats then?
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-02-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Here is a picture I grabbed form KG's Supra 24 on the Supra site that he took at the boat show.. And we are already shipping a bunch of racks to Skiers choice for that tower.. So I am thinking it is an option as of now..
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
Those racks look nice and pointy to give you a nice scrape or cut. JMO
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Stole it from conan the barbarian's axe :P just poking!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
Racks look sick, Riteride. Can't wait to start using them!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-02-2012, 9:18 PM Reply   
Tower looks good, I guess. Can't say I like it as much as the Supra Progressive Tower, which is probably my favorite tower of all wakeboard.

I guess I just don't understand why SC so blatantly copied CC on this tower and Malibu on the Moomba tower. I suppose there are only so many two-point tower designs these boat companies can come up with.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
Not bad. Its the CC tower repackaged. It would be a better idea to copy what Tige is doing.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-03-2012, 5:13 AM Reply   
That tower took a lot of getting used to over at CC. There were many discussions pro and neg a lot of neg . My problem with all the two point towers is the way they block access to the sides when at the dock . On a positive note I love the way they fold.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-03-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
Not my tastes. Might look best on a 21v. It is a good looking tower no doubt, it just does not have the beef to match a 24ft supra.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
I took the pic above of the red/black 242 at the Atlanta Boat Show. That tower went into production at such a late date, you won't find it pictured in the 2012 Supra brochure or even as a listed option. While at the show, I spoke to Ray from Z5 and, unfortunately, we won't see a Z5 on that tower anytime soon. For 2012 you can order a Supra with this tower or the Progressive tower. If you want a Z5, you have to go with the Progressive. Tough choice, but I'd go Progressive & Z5.

Here are a few more pics. The tower is very easy to collapse, has an integrated LED for the cabin, etc.

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-07-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
That's odd.. The Tower looks nearly identical to CCs original 2 point Tower which could have the Z5 but Z5 cargo racks don't have one for this model? probably to new and the tower needs to be remeasured. Like you said; it's production was so late it didn't even make it in the 2012 brochure
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-07-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Looks good. As far as copying the CC look, I guess if your going to go with a two point tower your either going to be being accused of copying that one or Malibu's Illusion designs. They went with CC. No matter what it looks good.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-08-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quick video..

http://youtu.be/iddEea8qczU
Old    TN22            02-08-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Cool vid. Looks really easy to operate and looks pretty good too. Definitely a catchy name as well.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       02-10-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Looks good!
Do you know if this tower sits higher or lower than the old tower?
Safe to assume it is a Roswell tower?
Will it have Roswell board racks and tower speakers?
Can you get it without the tower speakers?
Z5 option?
Is it replacing a tower or just another option?
Extra cost?
Anyone have better pics....

do these vans have four wheel drive? j/k
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
I think Briscoe had this tower on his boat last year. I did a clinic with him back in June or July and the tower looked identical. too bad I didn't take any good pics of it
Old     (Mikhale)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-11-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Ya Dave had this tower last year I wonder if he had anything to do with them coming together, I see his boat in the back ground of the first photo(I think)
Go to the wakeboarding coach.com and go to photos there's some pics on there
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-14-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
Does anyone know the tower height folded down? Will it fit in standard 7 foot door? Looks high on all the YouTube videos. Thx
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Supra in general is an alternative boat choice. And these towers are obviously copying the look of the G23 and the Mastercraft X star
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-15-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplogue7 View Post
Supra in general is an alternative boat choice. And these towers are obviously copying the look of the G23 and the Mastercraft X star
What does that even mean? Every boat is an alternative boat choice. Their towers look nothing like any mastercraft tower. Not sure why anybody would even try to copy a mastercraft tower. They haven't had a decent tower since the 05-06 tower. Both the towers available on supra right now are Roswell towers that have been available on Nautique's in the past or currently are available on nautique. The problem is that there just isnt' that many ways to design a tower. They all are going to somehow look like someone elses design. I really like the Sbend, especially with the bimini shown in the first pic. I bet that tower would look amazing on the SA series but I don't think they offer it. As far as the Z5 I still don't see the appeal. It is usually too low and you can't fold away if you don't want to use it. Not to mention it is way too expensive. Are there that many people that want shade over most of the cockpit all day every day? I understand people i really hot climates needing/wanting it. I just don't understand why anybody in the northern half of the US would need it.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Riley..what is it an alternative too? I'm sorry man but if your really 15 like your profile says you have no room to say anything. Have a little respect for what people who work and make their own money are choosing to do with it. Pretty immature to talk smack when your ridding behind Mom and Dad's Mastercraft, that they paid for, put gas in, and drove you behind.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-18-2012, 10:00 PM Reply   
Does anyone know the tower height folded down? Will it fit in standard 7 foot door? Looks high on all the YouTube videos. Thx
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2012, 10:22 PM Reply   
That pic from the OP looks pretty good. The racks look killer too. the subsequent pictures look "eh"

I just dont like the style of these two point reverse towers with parallel tubing. all wavy and funky looking.The G23 tower looks ok, but I am still in love with Tiges tower and the old illusion x. The new 'bu towers are growing on me for sure.

Not my cup of tea, but hey, no body has to drink my tea but me!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-19-2012, 1:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplogue7 View Post
Riley, I've seen u post a few times. You seem like a nice kid, but this is the second thread I've opened tonight where you've posted above your knowledge level. Sit back and learn from some guys that have been around the sport since before you were born. Listening can go along way. Not tryin to be rude to you, just a suggestion.