Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-11-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
I took my 05 byerly in today because it's cracked down the middle thinking they would just send it off. When I brought it in they gave me a box and gave me the address on where to send it and that was it. I thought surely that they would send it off for me. Is that being ridiculous or is that bad customer service?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
sounds like either an inexperience clerk or just a shop that has no clue as to what customer service means.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
i agree with joe, i hope it was just 'the new guy'
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-11-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
dang that is whack. That's why people shop online and board shops go out of business.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-12-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
You should support your local boardshops. You can't take your board back to an online dealer. Most of the online dealers get 3rd cuts, and the blimish boards. Personally, I think you were getting bad service. At the boardshop I work at, we will send it back for you, because customer service is key. Maybe try explaining to the company what is going on, and maybe they will pay for your shipping. Just a thought.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
my shop has always sent my stuff back even if i didn't buy from them
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Sounds wrong. Call over there and talk with a manager or owner. Same answer? Get a hold of your local HL rep and see if he can help. They really stand behind their products so I am sure they would work with you.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
The person who was helping me was the owner. I have done tons of business there and also sent many friends there (only HL rep in our area). When I used to live around the Memphis area I used Memphis Boat center, which I think has awesome customer service.
I live in Fayetteville AR now and the only place to go is SKI $ SPORTS which are the people I have talking about. They are also a Mastercraft dealer, and they know I have a Malibu, so I thought that might be it. I think I'm gonna get a new board anyways and when the byerly comes back I'm gonna sell it. I think I'm going to call Memphis boat center and just have them ship me the board I decide on.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
I would call Hype directly, and see if they will send you a pre-paid label. they did that for me on my board. different issue, but it is worth a shot.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       07-12-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
the guys at memphis boat center are great. just email dustin@memphisboatcenter.com or call and he'll hook you up. great customer service.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
thanks dtb, I was about to post to see if anyone had anybody's email up there.