Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about buying my fathers 89 Supra TS6M from him. My question is could this boat be turned in to a good wakeboard boat with a large wake with a tower and two or three fat sacs? I'm worried that if I buy it, I'll just be wasting my time and money. Does a 89 supra TS6m have potential?
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-15-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
As a previous Comp owner you will not want to put in 3 sacks. It sits real low. We used to put in two 500lb sacks on each side of the motor box. Decent wake.

I guess it all depends on what he is willing to sell it for and the condition of the boat.

Kevin
Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-16-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
The boat is in close to new condition,tandam axle trailer, everything is really nice, It's only got 380 hrs on it. How much is a comp boat like this worth?

I wondering also about ski pylon on the supra comp is angled back and has a t-bar at the top is it possiable to put like a ten foot pole on a comp boat? I dont think the pole would slide over the pylon with the T-bar their.

Blake
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-17-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Very difficult to judge price of an older ski boat without seeing it. What does he want to charge you for it.

You will need to cut the t-bars off to get a pylon on there.

Old     (zwerv1800)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-17-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
i have an 87 comp and i ground down the t bar and my fly high pylon works great you can also punch the t bar out ihad mine out but ended up grinding it down to have a snugger fit
Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-19-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
Kevin

He told me he would sell it to me for $7,500. How much did you sell yours for? I read that you have a ski Nautique now how does your old supra compare to it.

Blake
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-19-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
That sounds like a fair price. Also, a supra comp is different than the TS6M. I was looking at the TS6M before I bought my boat and I think it would have been great. How is the tranny? Smooth? Engine free of ticks? It is your dad too, im sure he would put you on a "lay away" plan, so think about that too.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-19-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
K, well my bad, a comp is a TS6M. I don't know what I was thinking. I was looking at some other larger supra with an open bow. I looked at boat trader and one can be had for $5500. So I think your dad wants too much money. But that is my opinion. But say he wants $1000 evertime you get a chance until the debt is paid, $7500 might not be out of line. Figure out what you would be paying total on a bank loan for say $5500. Then compare the two. Parents are usually good about not charging interest.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-19-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
I'm looking at one of these right now, closed bow. Any one know how the wake is on these thing? Boat looks like it sits higher in the water than many. The one I'm looking at already has a tower so I would just need some weight and perfect pass and I'm golden. anyways any input would be great on this boat.
Old     (lawndude)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-19-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
I have been behind a 90 model for the past few years. Rob it actually rides really low to the water. If you raise the wake plate and add two 550's beside the dog house--you have a good wake to learn on. $7,500.00 in that condition sounds really good die hard skiers will pay big bucks for these boats.
Old    slalomskifreak            01-20-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
If you don't want to mess with adjusting the current pylon, I would recommend a "Flite Pipe".

www.flitepipe.com

(Message edited by slalomskifreak on January 20, 2005)
Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Rob - I've got an '89 Supra Comp, and it's a good boat. I run 450lb sacs on each side of the motor box. With the wake plate up, 900lbs, and a couple of people, it puts out a pretty good wake for learning on. I paid $7000 for mine, but it needed a little tlc. It's no SAN, but it's also not $60k.

If you're looking to add a couple 1000 pounds of ballast, then you may want to look into an 80's Nautique. The Comp sits pretty low and won't hold that much weight. But for $7500, and it already has a tower, I say go for it.
Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Oh, and on mine, that T-bar on the pylon knocked right out with a couple taps from a hammer.
Old     (supraboard)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-24-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
I had a '96 TS6m and would put about 600# in the bow locker and a sac across the back with 4 people it was awesome. One thing to look out for it the wooden floor board. Once you start putting a lot of weight on the floor you may have issues. If the boat has been well maintained you may not have any floor issues, just we know what happens to wood and water. Monster Tower is killer from what I hear and I think I saw a picture of a comp with their tower.