Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-15-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
I have my CWB 04 Freedom w/ Torqs and i rode another guys board the LF 03 Trip 138 but he had cheap binding waketech or something but his was alot lighter than mine. first of all has anyone ridin one or both of these boards? which is better? is it the board or the bindings that made it lighter?
Old    adrenalinejunky            08-16-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
I rode the Trip 138 w/LF ultra sucs for a couple years. Definately the lightest setup I have EVER ridden. Compared to other boards on the market the Trips are really flat with little rocker. But it's all about what YOU like.
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-16-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
is lighter better?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
Maybe... It depends. From a sheer physics point of view, less weight makes for better spins and easier inverts. However, some moves require intertia stored in mass for proper completion - like a tantrum. A board too light and you may under rotate, a board too heavy and you may over rotate.

The obvious question is "What is the ideal weight?" That is as individual as the person riding. My boards weigh a lot becuase I need the largest size in both boards and bindings. Several years ago there was a weeght push. Blindside made the Air Cell binding, which was about the lightest ever made. Goode made a carbon board that was about 1/2 the weight of the standard board on the market today.

My opinion is that you buy what works for you. Most boards will be about 6-7 lbs or so. Bindings will continue to be heavy until we get to exoskelatons with inserts. That is a long way off as I see it.
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-16-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
k thanx