Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (droshow)      Join Date: May 2009       11-14-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
Just lookin for some reviews on a Ronix Viva 144. I currently have a Ronix Covin and am completely stoked on it! Anyone that has rode a Viva let me know what you think about it. Thanks
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       11-14-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
I moved from a Covin to a viva. It is a very different board. Not at all like the covin. That said I loved my covin and the viva is pretty nice also. While I am not 100% sold on the viva I am getting more air on it and the landings are not too bad in the flats either. Took me a few days to adjust to the new board.

All in all a very nice ride.

I do however, absolutely love the 09 Cells. best boots I have ever had on my feet.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-14-2009, 10:49 PM Reply   
Hey dude, I did a complete description of the Viva earlier today...
I ride the 144 and also came from a Covin,

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/747233.html?1258218281
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-14-2009, 11:52 PM Reply   
George, totally agree with you on the Cells. SAWWEEET!
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-16-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
I rode the Covin 143 and now the Viva 144. I would say they are different boards, but overall are very similar. I think it has great pop on big wakes and less pop on small wakes compared to the Covin. It is a bit easier to break loose so its more forgiving. The Covin you actually had to really try to break it loose. The fins are just a bit smaller also. I like the Viva, but I think I really liked to Covin.
Old     (droshow)      Join Date: May 2009       11-16-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. I think i'm going to try a Viva! There is something about white boards/boots that i really like. And with cloesout pricing, I don't think i can go wrong! As long as its fast like the Covin and a lil looser, everything will be fine.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-16-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
I am looking at a ronix one, whats the thoughts on these? Im coming from an older 06 obrien vision, just looking for nice quick skatey ride with some decent pop and landing. Can someone point me in a good direction?
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-16-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
Eijiro you should give Rodney Knoerr (810-280-5698) a call i think he was selling one.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-16-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
I went from the Covin to the Viva 140 a lot looser than the Covin. I had .8" fins and went to a 1 inch fin... Love the board... great pop, light, releases nice, great landings... I went with the Ronix Parks Boots... low profile, best boot I ever road. My recomendation is: Viva is great... but, if you have the chance try other boards, find what suits your style... Aloha Joe -