Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
http://www.iwake.com/blog/post/dirtymike
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-16-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
Man that guy has style for days! Love how he grabs, legit!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
Man iwake is terrible. How do they even stay in business?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Man iwake is terrible. How do they even stay in business?
iWake kicks ass. They stay in business by pumping out/hosting the sickest web videos around.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2013, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
iWake kicks ass. They stay in business by pumping out/hosting the sickest web videos around.
How does that keep someone in business? You viewing these videos for free doesn't pay anything.

J-Rod, I posted that when I clicked on the link and it didn't work. After about a half a day it was back up, both on blog and web page, and the video is amazing. I appreciate the support and most of the things that the website does for the wakeboard community, especially having their presence at regional rail jams, I just don't enjoy their website format, and some things I've heard on treating filmers in certain ways.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
How does that keep someone in business? You viewing these videos for free doesn't pay anything.

J-Rod, I posted that when I clicked on the link and it didn't work. After about a half a day it was back up, both on blog and web page, and the video is amazing. I appreciate the support and most of the things that the website does for the wakeboard community, especially having their presence at regional rail jams, I just don't enjoy their website format, and some things I've heard on treating filmers in certain ways.
How do you think WakeWorld makes money? ADVERTISING. Also, care to elaborate on iWake's treatment of videographers?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-16-2013, 8:28 PM Reply   
Get that Dude some longer shorts! Eric, where are you?? :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
A-Dub.....curious why you feel that way.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'm surprised no one has commented on his last trick which is a new one. His new HS FS off axis ole 7 is now a 9. Badass.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I'm surprised no one has commented on his last trick which is a new one. His new HS FS off axis ole 7 is now a 9. Badass.
Hmmm...I thought it was a backmobe 5 the first time I watched it, so maybe others thought the same.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hmmm...I thought it was a backmobe 5 the first time I watched it, so maybe others thought the same.
Yes, first time I saw it I thought backmobe 5. It wasn't until this comment that I went back and had to re-watch it. The handle pass does come first before the Ole, but his "off-axis" is way more inverted than a lot of "mobes" I've seen.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-17-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
When you can do whatever the hell that last move was and make it look that stylish then you're entitled to wear whatever shorts you like
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-17-2013, 11:30 AM Reply   
Henry - Ha! No doubt. Great rider and crazy looking ole tricks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2013, 3:58 PM Reply   
Hmmm...Hard to imagine. I've known Nick Jones for years and he's always been a class act.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Hmmm...Hard to imagine. I've known Nick Jones for years and he's always been a class act.
Agreed. Never met the guy personally, but he hit me up on Facebook to encourage me to submit one of my videos to the Honu Lifestyle Video Contest. He was really helpful and personal about it. I was surprised and really impressed.
Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-17-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
Anybody know where that video was shot?
The water looks really clean!!!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-17-2013, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto96s View Post
Anybody know where that video was shot?
The water looks really clean!!!
Florida panhandle
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2013, 8:13 PM Reply   
Andrew Adkison's place in Panama City?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-17-2013, 8:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Andrew Adkison's place in Panama City?
Not sure but have seen Dowdy, Powers & adkison on iwake and theyre all riding at The Woods in panhandle.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-18-2013, 6:55 PM Reply   
UNderneath the video it says "In this final installment of the WOODS! ..." so what LR3w8kbrdr says makes sense.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       01-27-2013, 11:02 PM Reply   
Sick Riding!
Old     (Boardwarrior)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-28-2013, 1:32 PM Reply   
That was some of the sickest riding I have scene lately!! Props forsure