Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-06-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1330
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
no vest!!!! chad is crazy... THats sick...I think he has a chance to win tour next year for sure. DAMN!!!!Ronix has some crazy moves
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-06-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
That was filthy. I can't believe how smooth it looked. For a trick that he has been trying for years, he sure took it in stride. I would have been going nuts. Guess thats why he's pro and I'm sitting here watching instead of riding.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-06-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
Looks like he's thrown dozens of them. Nice!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-06-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
very, very smooth looking. no vest though...
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
easy enough!
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-06-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
it doesn't get any smoother than that..wow
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-06-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
Was that his first one?? I thought even the pros get a little bit pumped to land something new...especially when nobody has ever done one!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-06-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Wow! He makes it look like it was just a W2W jump. Freaking effortless. What's up with the no vest?
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-06-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
I like the fact that he made it look like nothing and was just like, yeah i just stomped it.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
He made it look so easy that it doesn't even seem that impressive watching it. Flail and arm or something Chad, damn.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
I'm thinking that wasn't the first one.

That, so far, is he coolest looking double invert, imo
Old    deltahoosier            09-06-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
That was so clean. It almost makes you wonder why it is so elusive?
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Whats crazy is that Dallas was trying double front rolls about 6 or 7 years ago and getting close. I saw her attempt a few down at Elsinore when they had the pro tour there. That would have been awesome to see her do that so long ago.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-06-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
wow, that was amazingly smooth
Old     (forenku)      Join Date: May 2007       09-06-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
What a dumbass. The only thing I noticed is that he is too good to wear a vest, he must be invincible.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-06-2007, 11:09 PM Reply   
People won't remember that he grabbed it the whole time when he drowns.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-06-2007, 11:19 PM Reply   
Wow, some of these comments are pretty embarrassing. Calling someone a "dumbass" for something they did without even knowing why they did it. I'm not sure any reason will be good enough for your obvious black and white standards, but if you care to read all the facts you can go to http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1330.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2007, 11:33 PM Reply   
Forenku
magellan

GO AWAY WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY!!!!!

This thread was to share the stoke on a new trick in our sport. If you're so bitter about your day or your life why don't you not try to ruin ours, especially when most of us come on here to get excited and stoked about this great sport.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2007, 11:37 PM Reply   
While I am not condoning calling anyone a dumbass, I think the point Tommy was trying to make with his comment is a good one. I think he was trying to say that under no circumstances should anyone be riding without a vest, especially when trying extremely difficult tricks off a double-up. If that's the case, the reasons for not wearing the vest is of no moment.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2007, 11:42 PM Reply   
Jason- Then maybe he should have said just that... Not "what a dumbass". And I don't know if I'd say that was extremely difficult for Chad to land (atleast the one in the vid) Made it look about as easy as it gets. If you aint here to share the stoke why comment on this thread? There's another one Uncle Jessie posted that anyone with a complaint or gripe can post on(which would be the proper thread).
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
The thread is about the video and so is his comment. But, I agree that Uncle Jessie's thread would have been a much better one for his comment.

Chad did make it look easy, especially with how nonchalant he was afterward. That tripped me out. I can't land anything for the first time without a huge fist pump afterward.

(Message edited by hbguy on September 06, 2007)
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-07-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
And again, I'm amazed why more pros aren't regular posters. I mean why wouldn't you want to have a discussion with dozens of people who know what's best for you and call you a dumbass for something as minor as not wearing a vest ONE TIME.
Old     (forenku)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
That's awesome that he pulled it off, he did make it look really easy, the dumbass was a little over the top. It just really bothers me that young kids or even adults that look up to him see him riding without a life jacket so they decide to not wear one. Obviously he can do whatever he wants but there are some people on here that will try and copy this no matter what the reason. He is a role model to some and I don't think showing him try an extremely difficult trick wearing no life vest is very smart. That is just my opinion. Also are we not allowed to have an opinion on wakeworld? I guess all Tyler wants to see is "wow, great job Chad, that is awesome nice work".
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-07-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Stoked! He stuck that so smooth, and to boot he didn't chuck the handle afterwards like WHAT!!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-07-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yeah, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Mine is that it's the parents job to teach the importance of wearing a vest at all times, not every pro in every magazine an video. Teach them and hope your message is strong enough to keep them in a vest even when they are adults and have the freedom and right to make their own damn decision. However, I'm not going to chastize someone for making what I believe is a bad decision (not wearing a vest) as it is their right in pretty much every state but California. And, like I said in the other thread, I'd be way more concerned about my kid wanting to hit a backlip transfer on a big rail after watching pros than I would be about him not wearing a vest.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-07-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
J-Rod I totally agree with you that is the nicest looking double invert out there! Sick! Glad we finally got to see the video. I cannot believe how smooth that was.

He has to be the only one grabbing a double invert.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-07-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
that was soooo smooth. Very impressive. Agreed best looking double out there.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-07-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
huge. clean. sick.

best double invert fo sho. so damn smooth!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-07-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
THAT WAS SICK!!!! Chad is the MAN!!

>>note I posted my comment here instead of one of the other 3 threads about this because the others are ripping him about the vest issue. I read the interview before I watched the video... so I understood why he took it off<<
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-07-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
I know it will make some happy that Chad went out and did it again with a vest on yesterday! :-) He's traveling now, but hopefully we'll have the footage of that soon.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
"Yeah, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Mine is that it's the parents job to teach the importance of wearing a vest at all times, not every pro in every magazine an video."

This is a generic response and not directed at this one particular incident, which was explained by Chad in the other thread.

Pros are pros because they are paid to represent the sport in a number of ways. It isn't reasonable to expect a parent to be able to completely influence their kids in *all* matters of culture, when the people who are at the pinnacle are opposing them. Everyone involved in a sport who benefits from it financially can expect ridicule or retaliation when they represent it unsafely. Why should parents shell out money to purchase products from companies that sponsor pros who influence their kids to act in an unsafe manner?

Personally it doesn't bother me to see Chad performing this trick with no vest because I done (less spectacular) stuff for many years without a vest. But it's understandable that it's a big issue.

Congratulations Chad... That was a awesome move. Really raises the bar!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-07-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
It's interesting to see another double go down in this day and age...I've thought back to when doubles were really popular and the next 'grail' of sorts, and how jeremy kovak thought doubles and triples were the future of wakeboarding.

anywho, I look forward to checking out the vid, and congratulations to chad on a big year. Since someone mentioned dallas, I thought I'd mention that parks had been working on this trick (toeside double back roll) when he was a wee lad...I can't remember what video had an old attempt...maybe high wake drifters or something. He was wearing an ill fitting rash guard, too. So yeah...I'd say this was a long time coming.
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-07-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
If I had a chase boat and crew behind me every time, I rode...I promise I would never wear a life vest again. Invincible or not wearing a life vest is a great idea, but why waste so much web space commenting about the obvious...?

Props to Chad for the super sick trick! And to all you vest people...Keep wearing them, I am going to wear mine!
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-09-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
on alliancewake.com for the video of this. what is the song for the alliance wake ad?