Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
So basically Im trying to learn some new grabs but am not quite sure where to go from here.

What i can do:
Indy
Tail
Stailfish
Nose
Mute(about 1/2 the time)

So back to the big question whats next?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-31-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Take all those grabs and go for the style points.

BONE them out(poke out one leg while grabbing) as much as you can and learn to do them all shifty .That would be the next best step.
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Well I guess that would lead me to another question. Does riding a wider stance make it easier to BONE out tricks? I've tried it with a tail grab and also stailfish but I'm having trouble.
Old     (bgeezy140)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
If you can do a Stalefish, the Melan and Roast Beef should be pretty easy. You can pull off very stylish method airs with a good melan grab.
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Ooopps! So I got confused. I can do a Method about 1/2 the time not a Mute. So I guess I'll be trying that Mute grab soon.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-01-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
So wait, you can do a method, and havent tried a mute grab. Mute is one of the easiest grabs.
Are you sure you have been doing a method(its a actual move, not just a grab)?
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Well another question then. I ride regular. So if I take my front hand, left hand, off the handle and grab the board behind my feet on the heel side, what kind of grab is that?

That would be the one I can do about 1/2 the time I try it.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-02-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Well that is a melan grab. Its a method when you push out the board with your back leg and hold melan at the same time. the more you push out with your back leg the more the board comes around.
load this link. this is a method

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip003.asp

(Message edited by BIG_X-STAR on September 02, 2006)

(Message edited by BIG_X-STAR on September 02, 2006)
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Okay thanks. It is the melan grab that I can do.