Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2008, 4:44 AM Reply   
maybe you guys could care less, but i love checking out other peoples pics so ill throw a few up of our weekend - thanks to tiffany (tiffanator)for the great shots!UploadUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2008, 4:52 AM Reply   
Wow... didn't take you long to post them up here. Haha! Those are some mighty nice pics! I have a lot more, just went through last night and picked out the best ones. Up next are all the crash pics. I had a great time riding with everyone.
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2008, 5:03 AM Reply   
pshhhhhht yea ive been waiting for them.. u just didnt put up the ONE i really wanted - my salute to the bastard following me on the jet ski!!! ps, what are you doing up so early?
Old    walt            03-31-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
Nice shots. That poked out tail grab looks great.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
Justin... I'll get that one up soon, it was on the other memory card. Downloading them now. I always wake up early to jog.. although didn't jog this morning... too tired. What are you doing up so early? Isn't it your day off?
Walt.. thanks. I'm a little rusty on my camera work and riding. haha.
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2008, 5:59 AM Reply   
oh im at work... where im not supposed to be one the computer... im having to work like 10 straight days but im pretty sure ill have off for next monday, so ill be up there in the h-burg
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-31-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-31-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (goofyboy)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-31-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
less pics of Justin, more of megs.

Justin - you guys coming to round up?
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
tim - very nice!!! here are a couple more... as tiff gets them to me, ill post a few of the good ones!Upload
Upload
Upload
that last "salute" was to a jet ski that was following me for about 20 minutes!!!
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-31-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
Nice, sick riding shots.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-31-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
that last shot should be your new profile picture.
Old     (liquidforce12)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
could you tell me some info on the ride of the mana and new murray im looking for something different this year i have been on the watson since 06 and just want a new ride
Old     (jdj)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
The new murray is a sick ride. It is a mellow three stage rocker but it still has tons of pop. It is so much faster than last years and feels like it is a liitle fast than a premier. This is the best board on the market right now.
Old     (jdj)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
Make sure that you demo a murray befor you purchase.. I'm sure if you demo this board you will be purchasing one in the near future.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-31-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Justin,
Where were you guys riding?
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-31-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
Dustin,

Don't you know Canebrake Lake when you see it! Dang!

Tiff, nice pics. Good to see Hattiesburg again.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-31-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
I thought it was but I wan't sure.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
WRONG! Haha. That's actually not Canebrake, its Fowl River just outside of Mobile. With the wind blowing though it felt like Canebrake in some places, but we found a smooth spot, gotta love rivers. I've all but given up on riding at Canebrake, only good on calm weekdays, weekends we go somewhere else.
Tim.. sweet pics. I wish we had some sliders around here.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-31-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
Thanks Tiffany. The slider shots are from the Projects in Orlando Saturday AM. The wake stuff Sunday PM Alligator chain, St Cloud.

I sure wish I could focus as well as the other photos on the thread. They are so tight! Really show off the great riding. What camera are you using?
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-31-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
DANG! I thought for sure I recognized the clubhouse dock. Oh well, you know what they say about when you assume.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Tim, must be nice to have access to great places like that. Looks like fun. Sharpness is all about the lens. I'm using a Canon 20D with Canon 70-200 f2.8L lens, very sharp photos. I was actually looking at those thinking.. man the compression kinda killed the sharpness. I have the camera setup so that the focus is a different button than the shutter, so I focus once right as they get out of the water, then shoot until I change the zoom. That way I'm not trying to focus on a moving object with water drops flying everywhere.
Luke... its cool... all docks look the same pretty much.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-31-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
Tiffany,

If you get down this way we will hook you up in exchange for photography lessons.

Thanks for the tip on the custom button settings. I changed my camera tonight and hope to try these settings this weekend. Do you shoot TV mode? If so what shutter speed? If not what mode?

Thanks for the tips.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-31-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
who is the big guy in the first pick? who ever he is he is my hero! he has given me hope that i to as a larger rider can get some pop if i keep practing. do you know what board he rides? does a larger board help a larger rider with pop? thanx

(Message edited by kko13 on March 31, 2008)
Old     (liquidforce12)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
hows the guy riding the mana like it?
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
Tim... that would be awesome for sure. I shoot manual mode. Generally set the aperature at 2.8 or 3.2 to get the shutter speed as high as possible and blur out the background. Then I adjust the shutter to get the right exposure. I think that day I was shooting between 1/2000 and 1/2500.
Kevin, that's Jonathan, we were out on his Mobius XLV that day. Big guys can get good pop and throw sick tricks. Pop is all about your edging technique and loading the line, just keep working at it. He's riding the Ronix Mana 142. A larger board will help with pop and stability because the larger surface area will help you from digging straight through the wake.
Rob... not sure how he likes his Mana, I didn't hear any complaints about it so he must like it.
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
here is another good pic of the "bigger guy" he usually gets great pop although he was riding like it was his time of the month this weekend!!!

Upload
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-01-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
ok now hes just showing off. lol . thats freaking awsome. he is truly my hero!!!!