Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ride_klein)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-10-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
Kudos to all of you posting pictures and advice. I was so curious about the sport of wakesufing that I had to try it this weekend. I demoed a LandLock board and headed to the lake. We did ok, but I've got a bunch of questions that I'm hoping you pros can offer some advice on.

We've got a 1986 Nautique 2001. We are still experimenting with the proper weighting for the boat, but we had a decent wave behind the boat. It was mid thigh high, but the rideable surface was very short in terms of length. Any advice on weighting such a small direct drive boat?

How do you guys get started? We never could get the rider onto the wave when they started in the water. We had to get them started off the back of the boat, but this proved tricky. Any advice on how to get started would be appreciated.

Finally the landlock board we demoed was 5'6". We are all beginers, but none of us could ride the wave without the handle. We just got left behind by the boat (Boat was going about 11mph). Is this merely a product of our experience or should we look at getting a longer board next time.

Thanks in advance for any help, and keep on posting pictures to inspire the newbies like me. I'm hooked after one weekend.