Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-14-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
I have been thinking that I would like to attempt to make a z5 knockoff for my 05 21v. I have been searching the internet for pictures to show the construction of the z5 rack but I haven't been able to find any that are very detailed.
I figure alot of people are going to be getting their boats out for the season soon, if anyone had the time to take a few pics of their rack and post it on here that would be very appreciated. Even better if you could post the dimensions of the rack and where it sits on the tower as well.
Thanks in advance!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-14-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Here are pictures I have. None very detailed but several different ones. I have seen a lot of people try and imitate them, but none of them look very good. Frankly, I think it makes the boat look strange. Kind of like putting a mastercraft tower on a malibu..... Be interesting to see what you come up with and if the time and money involved are worth it.... I would just search craigslist, ebay, your local dealer, or forums looking for a deal on one.... Who know maybe a dealer has one around with some damage that they will make you a deal. Sounds like you have the ability to weld or repair one.....

Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-15-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pics diggs! Ultimately I would love to have the actual z5, but unless some kind soul out there is willing to sell me theirs for 500$ its just not going to happen. A friends father is a fabricator and she thinks this is something he could help me with, I just want to have a better understanding of the design before I ask him to get involved.
Do you have any pics, or links to the z5 attempts you have already seen? I really like the look of the z5, I don't care for any other biminni, I personally think they all look like garbage. I suppose if I was to build one I really wouldn't need it to function the same as the z5, but be more of a simple biminni with the z5 look
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
I don't have any pics. I bet with $500-$1000 and if you keep your eyes open on ebay, craigslist and the forums you will find one.
Old     (OnlyButter)      Join Date: Oct 2011       03-21-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Be careful. That Z5 will give you lower headroom inside the boat than the stock bimini. I was going to get a Z5 for my 2011 21v but then found out that I would have had to hunch down a little to walk under it.