Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-19-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
Pretty excited to see the pics of our new 2014 Tige RZR. To bad it has to sit in storage for the next 5 months!!
Attached Images

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-19-2013, 7:00 PM Reply   
You should get the tower powder coated the same lime green as on the hull and get the "RZR" changed to that as well.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-19-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
They only offer the rear RZR sticker in black or silver. I agree would rather it was the lime. We were going to do the tower lime or white, but the cost is almost $900 and I didn't figure I could recoup the cost as we flip the boat at the end of every season. If I was going to keep the boat I would have done it, but looking at it from a numbers stand point it didn't make sense. Totally agree with both. I am going to go with white REV cans so that should help the tower!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-19-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
I love the lime green interior. It is smokin. Post more pics when complete.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-19-2013, 7:08 PM Reply   
The interior seat detail is pimp also. Love it.
Old     (gibbs114)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-20-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
I love the boat, I plan to order a Z1 soon that is very close to those colors.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384961146.318990.jpg
Views: 3135
Size:  33.6 KB
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-20-2013, 7:49 AM Reply   
Both boats look great, guys! Spend the $900 on the white or lime tower though!! So sick
Old     (board365)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-20-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
Man im with yall the interior of this boat is sick, How much ballast this bad boy holding?
Old     (gibbs114)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-20-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
I'm might still go with the white tower, I'm going with black to save some cash for other options. I'm putting the pro ballast in mine 2000 lbs.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-20-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
Color match the tower:
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-20-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs114 View Post
I'm might still go with the white tower, I'm going with black to save some cash for other options. I'm putting the pro ballast in mine 2000 lbs.
Dont' skimp on the tower!! Well worth it - an extra $900 is a spit in the ocean on a $90k boat
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-20-2013, 12:14 PM Reply   
If I was going to keep the boat long term, I agree opt for the color on the tower. 90K???? Wish I could afford a 90K boat!!

I opted to go with the basic 900 ballast and will be adding either the 770 Lb custom bags(enzo style) or the 930 lb bags in the rear. So somewhere between 2400 and 2750 total in mine.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-21-2013, 3:26 AM Reply   
I think the rzr is tiges party piece. Small package, big wakes. Not without flaws but great wakes. Also IMO it's the best looking boat on the water, lots of gunnel but not bloated, striking gel lines and angles, perfect tower lines....
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-21-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
If I was going to keep the boat long term, I agree opt for the color on the tower. 90K???? Wish I could afford a 90K boat!!

I opted to go with the basic 900 ballast and will be adding either the 770 Lb custom bags(enzo style) or the 930 lb bags in the rear. So somewhere between 2400 and 2750 total in mine.
Here's a novel idea is $$$ is such a factor, why not just keep the boat and now buy a new one every year...! What, are you leasing these things?
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-21-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Here's a novel idea is $$$ is such a factor, why not just keep the boat and now buy a new one every year...! What, are you leasing these things?
My guess would be that he has a close relationship with a dealer who is selling the boats to him at a considerable discount, allowing him to sell them for what he has in them at the end of the year. This sort of thing happens quite a bit at boat dealerships
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-21-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
@Ttime41…you are correct. If I watch what I do I can break even after using the boat for the season and honestly I don't really care if the tower if black, white, or lime. If you load them out, you don't get the money back out. They look good either way. I am sure it would look great with a white or lime tower, but I don't feel like a buyer would be willing to pay the extra $900 for that in August of next year. I'm basing that on the fact that my dealer sells very few boats with anything but black towers.

I guess I am in a sense leasing it. My cost last year was simply the interest I paid on my loan. So right around $1000 so use a brand new boat for the season. I don't think a lot of people would pass that up. Financially to me its a no brainer and a great opportunity to have a brand new boat every season. There are a few drawbacks, but the positive far out weighs the negative.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-21-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Seems like everyone on here showing off their new boats does this… I'd do it too if I had the hookups.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-21-2013, 3:56 PM Reply   
When you sell it do you sell it yourself or consign it? I assume you have to eat 5-6k in taxes on your first purchase and then just show every boat as a trade-in after that and sell it through the dealership?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-21-2013, 4:04 PM Reply   
Once your shop knows that your a "sure thing" to buy a new insert chosen toy here, chances are you'll be buying your stuff at close to dealer cost eventually. I had customers at dealerships that I worked at that never even spoke to any of the sales people, they worked directly with the owner or the sales manager as they were long time customers and they bought new every single year and we repeatedly made profit on that customer in other ways (dealer installed accessories, service, etc..). Basically, just pay your upgrade fee every year, kinda like a cell phone!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-21-2013, 6:33 PM Reply   
I sell the boat myself. But I run the sale thru the dealer to save the tax. I sold my boat last year in less then 24 hours. I sell for only what I have in to it, so even used it ends up being a pretty good deal for the new buyer. You are correct though at some point you had to eat the tax. That first year you have to be willing to eat the tax amount as its pretty tough to recoup that. So for a lot of people its tough to eat that 4-6 grand the first year.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-21-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
Putting your money in a retirement investment would allow you to retire early. Something to think about.Three to six grand a year from the time your 30 will allow you to retire in your fifties. If it's invested smart you will be set for life and never have to touch your nest egg. Just live off the interest.
Old     (jimmyd)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-21-2013, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Putting your money in a retirement investment would allow you to retire early. Something to think about.Three to six grand a year from the time your 30 will allow you to retire in your fifties. If it's invested smart you will be set for life and never have to touch your nest egg. Just live off the interest.

Orrrr you could finance it for a year, sell it, and set it up as a trade for a new model to save some on the taxes, and keep $100K in your portfolio that sees a 10-15% return every year... #winning
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-21-2013, 8:50 PM Reply   
Wow..thats why I love wake world. Somehow showing build pictures of my new boat have turned into buying a new boat is a bad idea and put the money into retirement instead.

As an accountant IMO, if you are buying toys instead of investing in retirement its probably not a good idea. But everyones situation and financial goals are different. I thank you for your concern, bit I am CERTAINLY NOT putting my retirement funds into my family's boat.

The tax loss if done right is one year, just like anyone who buys a boat, car, etc. You don't lose tax every year. My tax this year was……$0. My trade in was worth more than my new boat.

@Robert. Will you please send me this investment info where I can invest $3000 a year for 20 years and live off the interest. I'm serious, because I don't know anywhere that I could invest that 60K even all at once and be able to live off the interest.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-21-2013, 9:09 PM Reply   
Any ideas on what tower speakers you plan to run? You will have to show us a sacked out wave once you get it.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-21-2013, 9:14 PM Reply   
I ran Rev8's last year and will likely run the same set up. Ran just 2 last year, but may go with 4 this year. Was very happy with them running off a HT4 with 300 watts each. Can easily be heard wake boarding.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-21-2013, 9:43 PM Reply   
I also totally would like to see this investment opportunity Robert. Maybe he means if you invest in Tige?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-22-2013, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Your math doesn't work. Those 10-15% interest rates are being touted in this thread, you'll never hit that long term.

Let's go with 8%. Putting in $500/month (hitting your max 6k a year), 8%, interest compounding monthly, from age 30 to 55, you are at 475k at the end of those 25 years.

That sounds great, a half million to retire off of. Except:
- You will likely need to live off of that for 30 years
- A half million now won't be worth nearly that in 25 years. We can only look at the past for inflation. So 475k in today's dollars is only 240k in 1988 (25 years ago).

240k over 30 years is 8k a year (remember, we are calculating based off what the likely value of that dollar will be 25 years later). Now we realize that you won't take the money all out at once, so you are still making interest off the non-removed income. But inflation will also occur over those next 30 years as well.

So, based on current day dollars, you can pull $1700ish a month out. With no taxes and if your debts are all paid off, that is liveable income in some areas. But at the end of that 30 years, the likely inflations shows that 1700/month ends up only being worth about $725/month. That is a much more difficult amount to live on (again, remember we are making comparisons based on today's dollars so that it makes sense on the impact of inflation).

Simply put, 6k a year isn't enough - the math just doesn't work out. Think about what you pay in electric, gas, water, property tax, home/car insurance, cellphone and cable bills. These are monthly stuff you have little control over. After that is paid, look at what you pay for groceries and medical expenses. Now you have to have at least a little monthly to cover general home repairs, fuel for vehicles, and at least something saved back monthly to cover replacement vehicles. End result is you need a lot more than 6k a year over 25 years in order to retire.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-22-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
Oh by the way. Boat looks good! I figured you would have gotten into a bigger boat? Did you go with that convex vx thing?

and LOL at investments. YOLO and this is a boat forum (i am just being a wise a$$, my portfolio is huge, like my riding)
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-22-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
We strongly considered going to a Z1, but for the 10K price jump just didn't figure it was worth it for us. Its usually just the 5 of us and the RZR has more than enough room. We have a lake cabin and most of the time the kids would prefer to be in the water to being in the boat. So they are behind more than in the boat. They ride their set and then back on the beach. The wakeboard wake and surf wave are way beyond any of our skill levels so we are set that way also. We did go with the Convex VX. Mostly for resale and because my son rides goofy. The regular wave is great without it, but the goofy wave is tough to dial and clean up due to prop rotation. The VX really makes a difference on the goofy side. Don't get me wrong, it makes a noticeable difference on both side, but for $2500 if we all surfed regular I may not have opted for it. It also requires significantly more weight, so you need to have bigger more expensive sacs to weight the boat properly. Where we ran 400's over the stock 250 tanks last year, we are going to run 770's over the stock 250's this year and anticipate a similar effect.