Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-19-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Moving the family to the Frisco area on or about 8/1. Can any locals give me some input on the lakes nearby? We all are wakeboarding fiends and love to be on the water. I know L. Lewisville is close by. Good lake? Any launches nearby (I am about 6 miles east of Little Elm)? Any input would be helpful to get us started.
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-19-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
you'll be closest to Lewisville... and the East side of the lake.. if the waters up, there is nice place to ride near the hidden cove ramp... I ride on the west side of the lake near highland village.. skiers cove is probably the best water on the lake.. and the damn is nice early in the morning if the wind is out of the south.. you can always stop for lunch at sneaky pete's by the dam.. pretty cool joint
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-19-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
Check out www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Lewisville is a great lake to ride on, plenty of wind blocks.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-19-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Welcome to my hood... What part of Frisco are you moving to? I live near Preston and Eldorado in Frisco.

Lewi is pretty decent, with some good wind blocks. Hubbard is nice too, but farther away. Texoma is not a bad option either, but once again still far away. I usually put in at Pier 121 down on the south end of the lake as it is easier than driving through the lake into the wind to get to the riding spots. Hit me up when you get here and I can show you some good lines at the lake.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Welcome to Texas! Hit up dallaswakeboarding.com once you get set up and there are plenty of people that would be happy to fill you in on the local scene. I ride Lewi weekly and would be happy to have you out for some pulls. Watch out for that Nick guy, he is known to break a windshield crossing the lake,LOL.

(Message edited by pfort on June 20, 2008)
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-20-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Watch it buddy... :-) I rode without the center glass last night, I figured it could not get any worse.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-23-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thanks guys - home base is near Eldorado/Custer. How long does it take to get to the west end if I were to launch at Little Elm? We are all early risers - get to the lake before the wind/traffic picks up. Love the fact there are places to eat on the water - not much like that here in AZ.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
You can get to the west side in less then 15 minutes if the lake is not blown out. If it is blown out, just make sure Nick isn't driving your boat(hint -broken center windshield) Cottonwood creek is a very nice marina on that side and there are a few other options to launch over there. With Lake Lewi the ridding spot will be highly dictated by the wind direction. We ride nearly year round with drysuits. We have a very cool wakeboard community here and there is always someone looking to ride and offering pulls.

(Message edited by pfort on June 23, 2008)

(Message edited by pfort on June 23, 2008)
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-23-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Thanks, Patrick. Look for the red Centurion - I have a beer earmarked for ya.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
You will fit in well on Lake Lewi with a beer in hand!! Post up offering pulls when you get in town and some local riders will be happy to help you out with navigating the lake.

This is also a good resource for the area lakes. It was created by a DWB member and is updated by area riders.
http://www.texaslakemaps.net