Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-22-2016, 1:08 PM Reply   
I ordered my wakemakers ballast upgrade kids for my 2005 Sanger V215. I have them sitting in boxes. I ordered the 1100lb kit for each side. I will completely admit that I have never worked on a ballast system on a boat before and need some help. I have 3 hoses for each bag and 4 fittings. I don't see any instructions and I was hoping someone could help me out with whats what. I have a smaller 90 degree hose with smaller diameter tubing, and two larder diameter tubes with one of them having what appears to be a valve of some sort inline. I have no clue which hose goes where. I have read the tutorial in the DIY section for this but it seems the kits were just being developed from that post and I didn't see a hose hook up instructions. Also, are there any special fitting sealants to use? Just plumbers tape on all the threads? If anyone has done this I would love some detailed photos.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2016, 1:34 PM Reply   
When I re-did mine (04' Wakesetter) it was pretty straight forward...

1. Removed hoses from hard tanks --- remember / label each so you know fill/drain/vent for later

2. Remove hard tanks

3. Place bags in roughly how they'll sit

4. hook hoses to bag (some needed extensions) ... I made my vent line do a "loop" around the gas line before it connected so that water wouldn't siphon out if we listed too hard for surfing. For the hookups I only used the fittings that came with the bags - no plumbers tape or extra sealants .... tape might be fine but I would avoid anything that will make tearing it apart later a chore.

5. Test fire everything and enjoy.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-23-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
did my v230 as well. easy install, everything you need is in the kit. spring for the 1100s if you think you'll want them
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-23-2016, 4:59 PM Reply   
Hardest part is getting the tanks out of the boat. Check this out.... http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774585
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-24-2016, 9:08 AM Reply   
^ agreed. removed the tank brackets and the locker door lift support ram thingy. then you can wedge them out

also, you'll need some hold downs for the drain hoses. to make sure bags drain 100%
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-28-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
So after some set backs I'm trying to get this done. Tanks are out, most hoses are hooked up except the vent lines. I'm having a hard time getting the hose onto the fitting. It looks like the tube diameter is a bit smaller. I heated the hose with the heat gun and coated the inside with water to help but the hose just wants to mushroom over. Any tricks to this? Trying to finish today to test tomorrow.

Last edited by RPM_DLX; 05-28-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-28-2016, 3:57 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZyU5Ll55Hw

just gotta get it nice and soft all around.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-28-2016, 4:25 PM Reply   
I would suggest adding some "L" brackets down the inside of each panel next to the engine. The bags are going to exert pressure against them when full and this will prevent them from bending or breaking towards the motor.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2016, 11:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM_DLX View Post
So after some set backs I'm trying to get this done. Tanks are out, most hoses are hooked up except the vent lines. I'm having a hard time getting the hose onto the fitting. It looks like the tube diameter is a bit smaller. I heated the hose with the heat gun and coated the inside with water to help but the hose just wants to mushroom over. Any tricks to this? Trying to finish today to test tomorrow.
Get a large measuring (2 cups) cup of water. Put it in the microwave. Get it to a rolling boil. Take it out. Dunk the hose end into it for 30 seconds. Now you have a hose end that will fit over anything close.
Old     (builtforwater)      Join Date: Jan 2016       05-29-2016, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM_DLX View Post
A little dish soap helps. Warm it up so it does not cool hose .
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-31-2016, 7:29 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help. I managed to get them on but they aren't on all the way. They are on far enough for the clamp and they definitely aren't coming off. I don't understand why wakemakers used a smaller diameter tub then the fill hose. The fill hose was larger diameter and slid right on just right. I got the boat out Sunday and noticed that the bag wants to put pressure on the drain hose fitting. Has anyone else come across this? There weren't any problems but it didn't seem like a good idea for the bag to put a bunch of weight on that fitting. Otherwise it seemed to work good. I haven't filled the bag all the way up.