Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-05-2011, 2:20 AM Reply   

from sebastien montaz-rosset on Vimeo.

This is a 14 minute clip of a 40 minute documentary of probably the craziest stunt I have ever seen attempted on the net. When I started watching I thought it was just some dudes who liked to base jump and then they started to "highline" (tight rope walking from cliff to cliff) but they either had their parachute or were hooked on with a support line. Then at the 10 minute mark, what I was hoping this wasn't leading too happened (no, no one dies) but I do not want to spoil it. Honestly if you find the beginning boring just fast forward to around the 10 minute mark and watch to the end.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-07-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
titanium BALLS
Old     (bradmo42)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-07-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
disgusting. super cool video.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-07-2011, 8:50 PM Reply   
That is absolutely insane!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
There is a fine line between "Titanium Balls" and Balls sized Brains.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
i'm kind of at a loss for words caught somewhere between amazment and thinking thats the most ludicrious thing I've ever seen.
Old     (samsaslow)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-08-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
I get anxiety watching this....So SICK!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsaslow View Post
I get anxiety watching this....So SICK!
+1
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-09-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
talk about ninja focus!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-09-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
That was nerve racking to watch. I don't know if balls or just plain stupid. I figured I would see one of the guys walking the line with a parachute so if they fell they could at least live. There was one (and I'm sure more) free climber that was well known that fell to his death a couple years ago now. I'm sure you try a bit harder when your life is on the line but I don't know if I really need to push myself that hard.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2011, 11:23 AM Reply   
Insanity. So awesome.
Old     (hypride135)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-09-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
I need some toilet paper!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-09-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
One day soon, one of these guys will have an off day, or the wind will blow a little to hard or something will go wrong and they will fall to their death. Speaking from the point of someone who has a huge fear of heights, you couldnt give me enough money to climb out on that rope let alone stand near the edge of the cliff. I would much rather swim with hungry sharks then to be doing what these crazy nuts are doing. My hats off to them for being so brave but something tells me there is more to it then just having balls of steal,
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-09-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
^^ or not stepping on a slippery piece of moss!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
I believe to do this you have to make piece with yourself and know that you may die doing something you love. I bet the feeling you have after doing that successfully helps make that rationalization.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
Great Video Thank's for posting it. The Video reminded me of "Man On Wire" if you have not see this doc you HAVE to check it out.

Its what these guys were doing 20-30 years earlyer

www.manonwire.com
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-10-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Thats nuts... I dont love anything that much to put my life on the line like that.. Bet they dont have any kids, no way you would take that risk knowing that you might not be around..
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
Here is a good point of view on life and death from base jumpers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhmzmOwkRuM
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-12-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
The palms of my hands are sweating like crazy.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-12-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
The chic in the yellow jacket was smoking hawt!
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
wow that was crazy! I can't believe anyone would walk out like that with no safety line.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-21-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
Dave (bcrider) - That climber that you refer to was Todd Skinner, renowned big wall climber and motivational speaker. The guy turned climbing into a real money maker for himself. Tragic thing about his fall is that it was purely avoidable, he fell from a rappel on the same climb as my profile pic due to a worn harness. His partner warned him to replace it and he was going to after that climb of the Leaning Tower in Yosemite.
So many years doing high risk solos and it was an equipment failure that did him in.... all sports have that risk of failure, some have higher consequences than others.............
As far as the slack liners in the youtube video, you can tell how comfortable that guys was on the 1 inch webbing, hell he nearly flossed his butt with it and stood right back up. It would take an awful lot to dislodge him completely from the reach of that web line.
That said.....sure wouldn't find me doing it..............