Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (ar1stotle)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-17-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
OK, even if my grandpa gets his boat fixed soon, I may not be able to ride my new wakeboard until June when the river warms up. So I was just looking at wetsuits. I dunno if it's a possibility for me to get one, as the board combo was still fairly expensive (even if it was cheaper than retail). However, there seem to be a bunch of different types with different prices. For the most part, do they all do the same thing? would I be fine getting one that's $100-$150? Anything yall could recommend that's in that price range that will be the best for the money would be great. I just need to see if one will help me enough to shell out the extra money (plus I'm still considering good no-stretch ropes).

Thanks again!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-18-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
I have wetsuits and drysuits from $40 to $370. What you need depends on the water temp, the air temp, how fast you ride, how long you ride, how you want it to fit, and how you want it to look.

A 2 mm shorty or a .5mm LS shirt is about $40.
A 4/3m mm full lenght with taped and glued seams will be about $180.
A drysuit starts about $200 and goes up from there.

If the water is 70 and the air is 70 - shorty.
If the water is 50 and the air is 50 - 4/3 wet or dry suit.

Lots of variations depending upon what you need. It is sort of like any outerwear like a coat or jacket. The one you put on depend upon what weather you are getting into and for how long.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-18-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
"If the water is 70 and the air is 70 - shorty."

wrong! you better be trunkin it with those temps!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-18-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
i agree thomas. i've trunked it w/ the water temp down to 58 and air temp of 70.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-18-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
coldest I have trunked it, was 61 water, and air, about the same. heater top helped.
congrats on what sounded like a very succesfull showing of the TCF Joe. can't wait to get mine in the mail soon..
sorry for the hijak.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-18-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
There are a buch of decent ones on craigslist.com for cheap. I have a 4/3 Excel. I got it new for $150.00. I use it when the water is in the 50's. I have a 3/2 Oneill spring suit for the rest of the time, when the water is cold. I have had Hotline, Oneill, Rip Curl, Excel, Body Glove, Billabong. All are good suits.
Board More/Work Less!
J$