Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (zak_winkler)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-25-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
I was wondering if there is many people into the stand up paddling around the detroit lakes area?? I have been doing it for a few years on lake superior surfing with them, and am wondering if anyone else is interested around here it would be nice to have more people cruising the lakes or even getting interested. Its a great sport. Fun to do. If anyone is interested let me know I can help get you going.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
I am building a 12 foot hollow core SUP. I have never even seen one in person so I am not sure what I am getting into. I am mostly building it for a wall hanger but if it turns out to be fun I might use it.
Are they stable enough to fish off of or are they better suited for sight seeing?
Old     (zak_winkler)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-26-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Ya they are def stable to fish off of. I fished off of one down in baja a few years ago, no worries. As long as your staying in the center of the board it would be fine. You will not want to put it on the wall after you get out on that thing they are a blast if you need any help with with it let me know. Im not to sure about putting them together but i have been paddling for a few years now. Where abouts are you??
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
So MN.